Vote On A Distribution For Linux Benchmarking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
    You've got to be kidding. If something is crap it's definitely Fedora. It has messed up installer and bugs which make it unusable for typical users. For example:

- it doesn't install language pack
    - it cannot be upgraded with graphical package manager
    - it doesn't reboot after manual upgrade
    - it doesn't allow to easily install codecs and proprietary drivers

All of these I've experienced in Fedora KDE spin and gnome version is probably even worse, because it has much different UI and doesn't even provide basic configuration options.
    Fedora doesn't care about typical users, it targeted at developer, administrator and open source enthusiast.

Comment

If you meant USA I don't give a shit about it.
      We don't give a shit about you either.

Comment

Why would you? Am I an entire country or something that you replied in such idiotic way? It seems we have a voice of usa here. Don't shoot Sam!
        Let me rephrase myself:

You don't give a shit about USA.

I don't give a shit about whatever backward ass country you're in either.

Comment

Why would you? Am I an entire country or something that you replied in such idiotic way? It seems we have a voice of usa here. Don't shoot Sam!
          whos Sam?

Comment

• Originally posted by LinuxGamer View Post
            whos Sam?
            You must not be from USA then, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by iniudan View Post
              Fedora doesn't care about typical users, it targeted at developer, administrator and open source enthusiast.
              i like how you put that "open source enthusiast"

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                Despite claims otherwise, this is not a popularity contest, it's what Michael should use in tests by default.
                The number of people that the tests are relevant to is a factor though.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                It's still nowhere near as easy as SUSEStudio. It has a full web interface and a VNC for trying it out, too.
                Okay but why is this relevant? Are you suggesting that Michael should use SUSEStudio to create a bootable CD or USB image for every benchmark?

Comment

and if you don't have a license for them codecs it's illegal to use them in most places its called pirating
                  It's patent infringement, not piracy.

Comment

i like how you put that "open source enthusiast"
                    I admit I should have put free software enthusiast, I just don't like the expression in English, so always come to use open source due to that, even if it isn't really appropriate, has unlike French there is no distinction between "logiciel libre" (software free has in speech) and "logiciel gratuit" (software free has in beer), which annoy me.

Comment

1 Ubuntu has the Cash to Buy Facebook Likes, so they can pay a office full of tards to sit around and hit Like on FaceBook, a lot of companies do this
                      2 showing thing's like Google Trends and Facebook Likes is a joke if you want i can post some like to show Ubuntu at 1% and there are some i can't post do to NDA's...
                      You think Ubuntu is at 1% and Canonical fraudulently fakes Facebook Likes and Google Trends? I suppose they faked their Dell pre-installs too?

Comment

Working...
                      X