The New Phoronix Site Is Launching Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ворот93 View Post
    Unless Michael's anti-Canonical bias disappears nothing to see here.
    He uses Ubuntu for most of his testing. Strange behavior for somebody who is 'anti-Canonical'.

I find it strange how many posters seem to be so vitriolic in their criticism of Michael / Phoronix (or should I say Moronix as is the usual childish namecalling?). If you dislike the site so much why bother visiting it? I can understand healthy criticism, but some people seem to hate this site, but still come here. I'd be interested to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
      I find it strange how many posters seem to be so vitriolic in their criticism of Michael / Phoronix (or should I say Moronix as is the usual childish namecalling?). If you dislike the site so much why bother visiting it? I can understand healthy criticism, but some people seem to hate this site, but still come here. I'd be interested to know why.
      Despite all the flaws of Phoronix and Michael?s articles, it?s the only site that publishes hardware and software benchmarks under Linux AFAIK. Also there are many knowledgeable people who post comments here.

Comment

No hard feelings... in about 7 minutes I can create a better template.
        If you can't afford 300$ for a template professional, don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post

that layout really looks better

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            This website seems to attract myopic and childish people. I guess that comes with socially inept uber-nerd types that are drawn to a Linux based website? I really do think proper forum moderation needs to be put into place. Its simply embarrassing having such crap next to legit engineers from big companies that are doing their best to answer highly technical questions.

In the spirit of Phoronix, blow me.

Comment

Originally posted by clavko View Post
              No hard feelings... in about 7 minutes I can create a better template.
              If you can't afford 300$ for a template professional, don't do it.

You know that's actually pretty good, far better than the current design or the soon to be new design. I agree with everyone else, everything is misaligned and will make it hard to read, I would prefer the current site over that mess!

> Liam of GamingOnLinux.com

Comment

clavko's layout is better, but that light green top banner just pokes me in the eye. Maybe a layout pro, but definitely not those colors

Comment

For those concerned about the misalignment on the home-page, it's still a WIP and the next version to be shown should be straighter flow and more polished. Feedback is always welcome, thanks.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yeah...I gotta agree, Michael, go with Clavko's layout.. maybe not those colors (keep the usual phoronix green), but definitely that layout.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      For those concerned about the misalignment on the home-page, it's still a WIP and the next version to be shown should be straighter flow and more polished. Feedback is always welcome, thanks.
                      Alright, here's your feedback. Not that I think you're listening anyway, but whatever.

You offer us the option to use the old site theme, or I'll have no choice but to do it myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X