Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Server Migration Complete

Phoronix: Phoronix Server Migration In Progress

Tonight (15 June 21:00 CST) we are upgrading our server infrastructure and moving the Phoronix web properties to a new data center...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Way Snappier

Hey, it is indeed way snappier.

Comment

Originally posted by M?P?F View Post
      Great, good to hear
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

++

excellent !

Comment

seems slower to me? i can't see any obvious reason why it should be. ping is only slightly higher. forward route goes via level3 rather than networklayer. and it's meant to be a better server.

that said, before the page used to show more progressively, now there's delays between changing each page but when it does start to show it seems to be all in one go.
          Last edited by mercutio; 16 June 2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be any faster for me (using Chromium), maybe in some cases it can be faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
              It doesn't seem to be any faster for me (using Chromium), maybe in some cases it can be faster.
              the server seemed to move from dallas, texas, to tampa, florida. generally speaking, tampa seems to be one of the places with less than ideal routing, with lots of traffic going via miami, and weird paths / less direct routing in between. that said, my route looks to be generally ok. and still performance is slower. although when i started to look into this, was with regards to wikipedia, when they used to be hosted there, and wikipedia seem to have worse upstream. for some reason texas seems to have the best routing within the US... amsterdam is pretty good in europe..
              Last edited by mercutio; 16 June 2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X