Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruediix
    replied
    There is an ad recently from Microsoft Cloud that is popping up a video covering the page with auto-load on mouseover.

It is very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• s3rg3
    replied
    After a click on it, it goes to track.celtra.com then redirect to cloudtransformation.cio.com/futurecast-transformation/

Leave a comment:

• s3rg3
    replied
    Can you please stop the big microsoft cloud ad who popup to my face multiple time everyday saying it's a sponsored phoronix message.

it is highly annoying.

Leave a comment:

• aht0
    replied
    I have the opposite problem. For the life of it, I can't see any ads neither on the site or forum. At home, I figured it's some adblock in the pfSense router interfering. At the moment though, I can't see ads on my phone nor on my laptop using public WiFi and having all adblocks disabled.

EDIT: Ads seem to work now and became visible.
    Last edited by aht0; 15 February 2017, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kneekoo
    replied
    That ad is still there, so the ad blocker will stay up.

Leave a comment:

• kneekoo
    replied
    Thanks for your reply. It's this one:
    Code:
    script
    src="http://r.flite.com/syndication/uscript.js?i=553a321a-6e9c-4b22-bac7-12727b91270b&v=3&x=us0&cb=0.2584255307051042&d=http://www.phoronix.com&tz=-60"
    /script
    ID: 553a321a-6e9c-4b22-bac7-12727b91270b

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    kneekoo do you happen to have a link of the ad itself? That's the easiest way to be able to figure out what ad network is providing it and to delete it.

Leave a comment:

• kneekoo
    replied
    This shameless Dell advertising made me turn on my ad blocker. I clicked the pause button (seen in the first image) to stop the video, but instead of stopping, it covered the page and it started in full size. As much as I understand the need for advertising as an income, I tend to trust sites like phoronix way more than others, so I didn't expect this kind of bullshit. Not that any site is infallible to weird ads but this truly sucks. I felt like an idiot, clicking a "You're the 1,000,000th visitor! Claim your prize now!" ad.

// weird error message after I uploaded 2 images with the "Upload Attachment" button
    Edit Conversation
    You are not authorized to create or remove attachments.
    Images (linked externally):

Leave a comment:

• theringoffire
    replied
    Originally posted by juno View Post

Are you browsing in Firefox' private mode?
    They introduced their own kinda ad-blocking there.
    No, I am not using private mode, but you hinted me in the right direction. I had privacy.trackingprotection.enabled set to true for performance reasons. Without this the ads are OK. I will give it a try if I can live with this setting.

Leave a comment:

• juno
    replied
    Originally posted by theringoffire View Post
    Plus one here on Firefox.[...] no ads are showing.
    Are you browsing in Firefox' private mode?
    They introduced their own kinda ad-blocking there.

Originally posted by Luke View Post
    Here's an interesting thought: Suppose Michael were to produce an open-source app that would use your existing GPU install and drivers to mine bitcoin and dump it into a Phoronix bitcoin wallet while benchmarking the whole process? [...]
    Forget BTC mining with GPUs. Those days are over.
    However, there are still profitable altcoins to mine. Ethereum is maybe still the most profitable, even after the hardfork-debacle. And setting up ethminer to mine into some wallet on OpenCL is like the easiest thing to do.
    Michael would need to set a wallet up, share the address and there we go.
    Last edited by juno; 02 August 2016, 10:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X