The Future of Phoronix & How You Can Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Phoronix & How You Can Help

In the next month or two, we will be rolling out our next generation Phoronix Content Management System (PHXCMS-7) and with that it will lay the framework to support some very exciting expansions in our eventual road to producing Linux-related podcasts and other forms of media. Aside from PHXCMS-7 sporting a slightly redesigned interface, we are looking to introduce more bloggers. That's where you can come into play. If you are interested in blogging for Phoronix about Linux hardware or software or another open-source niche, contact me. There's still lots of details to be finalized regarding when exactly we will be rolling out Phoronix blogs in this new format, the criteria we are looking for, and how we'll be handling everything, but if you're interested let me know with a short explanation of why you're interested and your background. Contributors, of course, will be compensated for their work.

We are also looking to roll out Phoronix in other languages by the end of the calendar year or in early 2008. If you have any other ideas, proposals, or suggestions, I would enjoy hearing them.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Excellent!! As much as I'd like to contribute, I have limited or no experience on "Internet Publishing" and blogging. The "podcasts" idea sounds fantastic (what format, by the way? .mp3 or .ogg too?). What other languages have you envisioned Phoronix to be available in? There I could help for a "Spanish" edition

Comment

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
      The "podcasts" idea sounds fantastic (what format, by the way? .mp3 or .ogg too?).
      Down the road our goal would be creating professionally-produced Linux video podcasts, but in the near term we may just go with audio. The file formats will include Ogg and other open-source formats as well as closed formats for those wishing to enjoy the multimedia experience on their Mp3 player or other home media devie.

Originally posted by Thetargos View Post
      What other languages have you envisioned Phoronix to be available in? There I could help for a "Spanish" edition
      Germany and Polish are among the first. Spanish could come soon!
      Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Down the road our goal would be creating professionally-produced Linux video podcasts, but in the near term we may just go with audio. The file formats will include Ogg and other open-source formats as well as closed formats for those wishing to enjoy the multimedia experience on their Mp3 player or other home media device.
        Excellent!!
        Alas my "media device" of choice is an iRiver Clix, so I can perfectly playback .ogg podcasts (alas, it doesn't support bookmarking, a feature I think common to podcasts?)

Originally posted by Michael
        Lemme know if you need any help

Comment

oh i guess i could help with polish translation, to whoever is doing it right now.

Comment

Sounds extremely cool there, Michael. I would have preferred blogs where anyone can hammer together an article and post. From your text, I think you're more looking for the serious blogger who will put in articles consistently and expect to get paid anyway. Still, it's a cool idea and I hope it goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
              Sounds extremely cool there, Michael. I would have preferred blogs where anyone can hammer together an article and post. From your text, I think you're more looking for the serious blogger who will put in articles consistently and expect to get paid anyway. Still, it's a cool idea and I hope it goes well.
              Well really we would look at either option of an interested blogger... Hammering together an article and immediately posting it is absolutely fine by us, as long as the article is relevant and just not something about the color of the trees changing or what they ate for dinner last night... If you're interested, let me know.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Well really we would look at either option of an interested blogger... Hammering together an article and immediately posting it is absolutely fine by us, as long as the article is relevant and just not something about the color of the trees changing or what they ate for dinner last night... If you're interested, let me know.
                Heh. I know what you mean. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I'm dreadfully unreliable on blogging, which is why I was hoping more of a one-off type blogger. More like if someone is in the mood to write something.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                  Heh. I know what you mean. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested, but I'm dreadfully unreliable on blogging, which is why I was hoping more of a one-off type blogger. More like if someone is in the mood to write something.
                  Same here... Most of the time I discard what I write as not being good enough

Comment

We're about to announce two or three more writers very soon... Once we determine some last-minute details.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X