Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems probably to me that "banQ" is a regular forum member that wished to express their view anonymously.

Comment

@archibald: You are correct. I am someone from the forums who wishes to remain anon because should Q figure out who I am, he would harass me instead of this secondary account. It sounds cowardly but at the same time I think its rather smart because it keeps me from having the hassle of having Q chase me from the site with his radical behavior.

@Bridgman: See I would normally agree with you on that banning him wouldn't be the wise idea? But seeing as how he refuses to work with the community on this one, some form of action has to be taken. My main concern is that Q's high traffic will reflect badly on the site. I'm sorry, Q, English may not be your default language but it really is _hard_ to comprehend what message you are trying to convey in each post. The only times I really do comprehend your posts are when you are attacking someone, namely Bridgman which appears to be what you spend most of your time doing at Phoronix. You can argue otherwise, I'm just saying in my experience from when I've seen your posts its all you ever seem to talk about. Surely you have better things to do with your time than flame/abuse people for whatever reason?

I don't mean to troll either. That wouldn't make much sense if the ultimate goal here is to counter-act a troll, no? This is literally an honest opinion. And by counter-acting a troll, I mean Q. He certainly comes off as a troll who successfully derails topics. So if you are a troll, Q, then I give you an A+ for being so damn good at it. And as for referencing you, Bridgman, I am only using you as an example because you seem to be enemy of the state #1 to Q right now. As I recall awhile back, he was targeting something else but I honestly cannot remember what it was. Props to anyone who can humor me on this.

@Drag: Very much agreed.

To be fair I'm going to make one attempt to try and reason with you, Q. Can you please do us all a favor and stop being such an ass? Lighten up. Take a chill pill, do whatever you need to calm down. You're not doing the community much good and you're certainly not doing yourself any good. Also work on your English a bit more, it really could use a lot of work. We're not idiots, it doesn't take constant aggressiveness to get that you're unhappy about the world and what everyone does in it.

Ah who am I kidding. You won't do that. You're going to reply to this post talking about something Bridgman did and how it relates to why your way is the best way ever. And everyone gets pissed off because that sort of attitude in any environment is unfavorable. I'd like to see you try to prove me wrong, Q. At least before Michael comes in and shuts this operation down either by banning me or banning you. Speaking of Michael...

...I'm shocked that Michael hasn't replied to this topic. What if I'm a paying customer, Michael? Shouldn't I and the other users of your community deserve some sort of input from you? Well just in case if you're busy, I'll give you a week or so before really deciding whether or not you genuinely care about what goes on in your community. Sounds fair, right?

Comment

Oh my, another thread asking to ban Qaridarium... Why is it so hard adding him to your "ignore list" in Phoronix's control panel?

Cheers

p.s.: This banQaridarium user seems too much like someone that has been recently banned on these forums... (Gordoboy)

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
          Why is it so hard adding him to your "ignore list" in Phoronix's control panel?
          If somebody is on your block list the effects of their comments can still be seen (derailed threads, replies to them, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
            If somebody is on your block list the effects of their comments can still be seen (derailed threads, replies to them, etc.).
            sadly that is true.

Q, why are you always got an excuse for each bit of criticism people are posting about you? I echo the sentiment of all the other posters in this thread by saying you should tone it all down and be constructive in your criticisms of bridgman and AMD in general. All that whining isn't going to help one bit and it makes you look rather like a foolish troll.

Also lay off the drugs as they are bad, mmmmkay!

Comment

I actually have a few thoughts on this;
              1) Q is certainly an oddball. Keeps this place alive. If you can't deal with the contents of his posts, DON'T READ THEM. I, for one, welcome the controversy he brings.
              2) He CAN'T be banned. There are some oddities with the law that makes this a very VERY bad idea. Specifically, regulating an internet forum like this has the legal effect of ASSUMING RESPONSIBILITY over the contents, which means that you need to crack down on EVERYTHING. If you leave it a free-for-all, then even if you're in charge of the forum, you aren't responsible for the contents.

I find the topic of this thread to be offensive, and I do suggest to the author that, whoever you are, you are a total douchbag.

Comment

Actually, I have to salute Phoronix for not banning him or anyone. So far in my years here, I haven't seen anyone (I know of) banned, nor anyone silenced, no one's posts were edited so far as I know, no manipulations were made. Even my own posts which are sometimes very critical of this site or of what some users here say were never altered or censored in any form or manner. You have to credit Phoronix for really being democratic in this respect.

Of course, you can interpret it like that and you could also say that more posts on the forum are more income, etc. I think I also hinted at that at a certain point. But I'm probably the furthest away from a conspiracy theorist so I would have to go with the democratic variant, after all.

Comment

I also agree with NOT banning Q. He is annoying and hard to read (I didn't know he has a syndrome until now), but he often is right and has useful info. And can produce a logic sentence

Q, what is annoying in your posts is that you often write too much. You should reply shortly and with on-topic info. But what you do on a topic about something is write one useful sentence to the topic and then you add another 10 starting at bashing Bridgman due to his Vista laptop and ending with the size of AMD OSS dev team. It does not mean those 10 lines are not right. But when you post this same info into all threads and many of your posts, it gets annoying.
                  So please try not to repeat so much (and in the aggressive way it appears to be) then everybody may be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by aceman View Post
                    I also agree with NOT banning Q. He is annoying and hard to read (I didn't know he has a syndrome until now), but he often is right and has useful info. And can produce a logic sentence
                    Remember that it is very likely his syndrome is completely imaginary, or an outright lie. This is the internet, after all.

F

Comment

Q's erratic behavior comes from a drug issue. He has fried his brain by taking too much GHB and other chemical drugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X