X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Agree it's not ban-worthy but it sure is annoying

I miss the good old days when parents / managers / friends / moderators would "guide" behavior by identifying where lines were crossed and telling the person to get back to the other side of the line or <insert unspoken threat> would happen.

Seems like our "social control systems" have become much less sophisticated these days -- from PID 30 years ago to "bang-bang" today. I don't think banning Q makes sense, but his behaviour patterns do vary pretty widely, from being one of the more thoughtful posters down to hostile periods where his posts remind me of nothing more than a Dalek shrieking "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE".

If there was a poll option for "a bit more of the former and a bit less of the latter" that's what I would pick.
    He is pissed off by the driver, you are working on. Aggression as result of impotence, hate as result of absence of love (to the code). Simple as that.
    If I'd be in your chair, I would hire him as a coordinator and see what he can do to improve your organization, allow him to do minor goods or faults and just see if it works out. Because he is fanatical about your company regardless how bad stuff you do is. Maybe you lack.. fanatism, that he has. I don't know.

Comment

Qaridarium is an internet imbecile.

Welcome to the WWW.

Deal with it in 1... 2... 3... Go!

Problem solved.

F

Comment

I would have to agree with the ban. I like this website and the forum has a lot of great information and discussion. But, I'm just tired of seeing his posts. After reading one or two of his responses in a thread, I often stop reading. It really detracts from the experience of this forum. I suppose I should just add him to my ignore list...

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          He is pissed off by the driver, you are working on. Aggression as result of impotence, hate as result of absence of love (to the code). Simple as that.
          He's not pissed off about the driver, he's simply pissed off and overreacts to anything that doesn't line up with his imaginary utopian world view. He's the sort that overreacts to the cracks in the pavement.

If I'd be in your chair, I would hire him as a coordinator and see what he can do to improve your organization, allow him to do minor goods or faults and just see if it works out. Because he is fanatical about your company regardless how bad stuff you do is. Maybe you lack.. fanatism, that he has. I don't know.
          I would recommend that Qar spark a Jay, buy a Mac, and stop sweating the trivial details of life. Then climb a mountain on a journey of self discovery, and find someone with the same direction. Then spend the rest of their lives together and raise children with the wisdom that his prior disposition was all a big mistake. If a ban is something that helps in this end, then I am in favor.

I assure you that giving Qar a water-boy tech job, especially having seen his capacity for communication and conflict resolution, wouldn't be doing anyone a favor.

F

Comment

Originally posted by drag View Post
            Forum finally loses whatever lingering usefulness it may have had at one point.
            Well fucking said.

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
              He's not pissed off about the driver,
              He is pissed about the driver.

he's simply pissed off and overreacts to anything that doesn't line up with his imaginary utopian world view. He's the sort that overreacts to the cracks in the pavement.
              Ugh, no. I would recommend you stop doing drugs.

I would recommend that Qar spark a Jay, buy a Mac
              I will remind you, in case you forgot, this is about opensource amd driver for linux. Not closed source. Not Mac.

and stop sweating the trivial details of life.
              Yes, he cannot use hardware. Trivial detail.

Then climb a mountain on a journey of self discovery, and find someone with the same direction.
              No, thanks, I don't want to climb the mountain with you. Thanks.

Then spend the rest of their lives together and raise children with the wisdom that his prior disposition was all a big mistake.
              My troll-o-meter currently experiences unusually high temperatures...

If a ban is something that helps in this end, then I am in favor.
              Shoot everyone who is for opensource.

No, wait. Just sent them up the hills to do the babies, or how'd be that?

Speaking of babies, do you know if human genome was patented already? You know, because if that happens, you will not be allowed to breed. A trivial detail.

I assure you that giving Qar a water-boy tech job,
              If you want a water-boy job, you are free to ask bridgman. I have asked something else, though.

wouldn't be doing anyone a favor.

F
              Sorry, since when were you promoted to chief strategic uber forecaster?
              I have a strong feel, if you were given this job, you would "buy mac and make babies uphills". This sure contributes to opensource.

PS.
              Drugs are bad.

Comment

signed

Deal with it in 1... 2... 3... Go!
                Maybe you mean "3... 2... 1..."?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  signed
                  Why would you do that, comrade?

You sure mean "unsigned".. no?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post

Ugh, no. I would recommend you stop doing drugs.

I'll then quote you line for line, like an imbecile that begins sentences with words like "Actually", and "Fact:", because I'm from california and am awesome at everything. Look as I make a fool of myself in public.
                    I speak a bit of Californian as well.

Whatever dude.

F

Comment

A user with one post complaining about Q? I hope Michael bans this banQ troll.

Comment

Working...
                      X