Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition to Ban Qaridarium

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    And here we go again, yet another "Ban Qaridarium" thread

    You guys are pretty funny

    So what if Michael makes Q a mod instead?
    Last edited by DeepDayze; 12 June 2012, 03:40 PM.

    Comment


    • #12
      Then we'll see Bridgman disappear anywhere soon. Which is sad, as he, despite the complaints of Q., tells us a lot about the driver development inside AMD. So what do we want, the existing situation to continue, Bridgman to disappear, or Q. to disappear? Right now nobody seems really content with the present situation.

      Edit. The internet was positive about Bridgman, but what about Q.? http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/?s=qaridarium
      "It seems that the internet cannot decide what to make of Qaridarium"
      That's right. The people on the forum can't decide either. Which means the existing situation will continue.
      Last edited by AlbertP; 12 June 2012, 04:03 PM.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by AlbertP View Post
        Then we'll see Bridgman disappear anywhere soon. Which is sad, as he, despite the complaints of Q., tells us a lot about the driver development inside AMD. So what do we want, the existing situation to continue, Bridgman to disappear, or Q. to disappear? Right now nobody seems really content with the present situation.

        Edit. The internet was positive about Bridgman, but what about Q.? http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/?s=qaridarium
        "It seems that the internet cannot decide what to make of Qaridarium"
        That's right. The people on the forum can't decide either. Which means the existing situation will continue.
        I don't see any problem with Bridgman at all and he's taken a lot of time to help people out and answer questions where he possibly can. without overstepping the bounds. if there's any issue with bridgman we'd have found that out a long time ago.

        As for Q, I find him to be a bit hyperactive at times to the point he's posting in broken German and English (Germlish) and maybe he needs to lay off the Monsters (if they have those over in Germany :-) )

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
          So what if Michael makes Q a mod instead?
          Forum finally loses whatever lingering usefulness it may have had at one point.

          Comment


          • #15
            I think I found Q's issue: http://www.whatdoestheinternetthink.net/?s=lsd

            Comment


            • #16
              Right now nobody seems really content with the present situation.
              /me is quite content with the present situation. So what if Q and B have arguments about drivers, that's on-topic. Neither has done anything ban-worthy.

              Comment


              • #17
                I think the problem is that Qaridarium's posts are disrespectful to this community. I've never seen him agree with anyone and his responses to all who dissent are full of mockery and childish attacks. For example, a good argument is like a well balanced meal. One could say that Qaridarium's arguments may have some nutritional value, but there's always a steaming pile of unrecognizable profane garbage taking up 50 to 75 percent of the plate.

                I don't know, I don't participate in this forum enough to come up with a rational proof that Qaridarium is a troll (only my opinion). But, from my brief readings of his posts, all I read are derailing posts that never deal with the core issue that the OP described. They're just provoking and distracting to the real content I'm after.

                I firmly believe that Qaridarium contributes nothing useful - his signal to noise ratio wouldn't be registered anywhere else (a nod to the ban in the Heroes of Newerth forums).

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  So what if Q and B have arguments about drivers, that's on-topic.
                  Arguments are fine. Repeatedly claiming I said things which I didn't - not so much.

                  Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  Neither has done anything ban-worthy.
                  Agree it's not ban-worthy but it sure is annoying

                  I miss the good old days when parents / managers / friends / moderators would "guide" behavior by identifying where lines were crossed and telling the person to get back to the other side of the line or <insert unspoken threat> would happen.

                  Seems like our "social control systems" have become much less sophisticated these days -- from PID 30 years ago to "bang-bang" today. I don't think banning Q makes sense, but his behaviour patterns do vary pretty widely, from being one of the more thoughtful posters down to hostile periods where his posts remind me of nothing more than a Dalek shrieking "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE".

                  If there was a poll option for "a bit more of the former and a bit less of the latter" that's what I would pick.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Seems like our "social control systems" have become much less sophisticated these days -- from PID 30 years ago to "bang-bang" today. I don't think banning Q makes sense, but his behaviour patterns do vary pretty widely, from being one of the more thoughtful posters down to hostile periods where his posts remind me of nothing more than a Dalek shrieking "EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE".
                    Totally agree about the behavior patterns... Some of his posts are significantly more thoughtful than most people realize, but most of them are steaming piles of crap. Banning him would just be silly. IMO, the OP needs to get a life, and quit freaking out about a forum member that has been here a much longer time than he/she has.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      signed.

                      he ruins most topics.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X