Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Linux Hardware Tests, Benchmarks

Phoronix: Upcoming Linux Hardware Tests, Benchmarks

Here's a look at some of the interesting Phoronix articles, open-source Linux benchmarks, and other coverage coming up in the next few weeks on Phoronix...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Let's face it - you put that *dampfnudeln.xml file in there on purpose, don't you?

Comment

My goodness Micheal, I don't know how you even get the time to eat

Comment

USB 3 controller benchmark

Very interesting benchmarks !

One thing I would like to see, since many months, is a benchmarks of different USB 3 controller, to compare the quality of their drivers (and hardware), under different kernel and also under Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecat View Post
          Very interesting benchmarks !

One thing I would like to see, since many months, is a benchmarks of different USB 3 controller, to compare the quality of their drivers (and hardware), under different kernel and also under Windows.
          I would like to see usb3 comparison of Intel 7 chipset, AMD Hudson chipset (those chipsets for FM1 socket or FM2 if possible) and any other external usb3 chip. usb3 in AMD Hudson was first usb3 in chipset worldwide (xHCI 0.96 prerelease version of the controller). Intel implemented it now (xHCI version 1.0). It may be interesting how much usb3 improved since first production release 0.96 to final production release 1.0. I'm curious if AMD will update its chipsets to 1.0 release or will remain at 0.96 specification.

Comment

Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
            My goodness Micheal, I don't know how you even get the time to eat
            I sometimes go a day or two on just coffee, beer, and fruit smoothies... Fruit smoothies and protein shakes are quick to make, healthy, and very efficient.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
            X