Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora?

Hi Guys,

I have been reading this site for over a year now and like it.

However something is missing. While there are many ubuntu-based benchmarks comparing power, graphics and performance, I have noticed that the most recent focus on fedora is a bunch of screenshots. I find this to be very one-sided. It would be good to focus on fedora betas and releases in the same way that ubuntu is featured. Perhaps even in the same article to motivate the friendly rivalry between the two?

Matt

PS

What is happening with fedora 16 in terms of power regressions and performance anyway? :-)

I concur !

Comment

Part of the reason Fedora development releases aren't tested much as it ships with some debug support enabled, which can slow down the system, where as Ubuntu development builds are put out the same as their release builds.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Do the Fedora guys know that they are missing out on some really useful benchmark analysis because of this?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by thematto View Post
          Do the Fedora guys know that they are missing out on some really useful benchmark analysis because of this?

Matt
          They would then be missing some valuable debugging data during development. It's a catch 22. From a developer point of view having that debug data is more valuable then feeding benchmarks to the masses on a work in progress.

Comment

Working...
          X