• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Phoronix: Good News For John Bridgman Et Al

Phoronix is turning seven years old in two weeks from now, but there's an early gift to the Phoronix community this Friday, in particular a change that John Bridgman of AMD should enjoy...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTQ2NA

• MaxToTheMax
    replied
    Thank you so much for seeing sense about this!

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Thanks, Michael. This is great. FWIW I suspect that my "real" post count is much smaller than yours... I just had more delete/repost edits
    Spam less, code more

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Except that very soon you'll lose test result graphs when AdBlock is detected and instead served awkward tables.
    Some of us may see that as a feature...

Leave a comment:

• oibaf
    replied
    Will it be possible to edit own signature?

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Thanks, Michael. This is great. FWIW I suspect that my "real" post count is much smaller than yours... I just had more delete/repost edits

9:04 EDIT - yep, it works

P.S. I was up north for the long weekend and just got back to my corner of civilization (running water and dial-up internet) now.
    Last edited by bridgman; 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    For what it's worth... The Arch Linux forums don't have any edit time limit that I'm aware of, and their users are actively encouraged to use the edit feature instead of posting again, even if that's one day later. Different forums though, they are more about problem solving than chatting, and there are lots of posts every day.

I also believe the admins "solved" the spam problem by using Linux-specific questions during the account creation...

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Well Wikipedia has also run ad campaigns, not for a product or service from some other company. But for itself, urging people to donate. Very intrusive ads with a big face pic of Jimmy Wales plastered over any wikipedia page. I'm sure it did a lot for his ego but I really hated it.

Leave a comment:

• Maxim Levitsky
    replied
    No reply from John Bridgman?

Really thank you for all the work on open source drivers, although I don't yet use AMD cards, I sure will one day.

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by susikala View Post
    I repeat my suggestion that you drop the premium and ads crap and move to a donation based approach. If it works for wikipedia, there's no reason it shouldn't work for you.
    Well Wikipedia has also run ad campaigns, not for a product or service from some other company. But for itself, urging people to donate. Very intrusive ads with a big face pic of Jimmy Wales plastered over any wikipedia page. I'm sure it did a lot for his ego but I really hated it.

I think the current situation is fine. Those who are bothered by the advertisements will block them, and those who are not, well they can watch them, click on them, whatever.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X