X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverthorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Because the way that spammers have been targeting the forums prior to the 1-minute-limit was creating a post with no links or anything else but just random text but then immediately after posting they would go and edit the post to add in links and whatever the spam target, which worked around the spam filtering. So anything above one minute would be next to useless if they still are able to get around it.
    Increase the time limit for current members.
    Let new users get the 1 minute limit.

Worrying about automatic features can come later.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
    This theme, in addition to being way too bright for my tastes, also doesn't take to text resizing gracefully. That's not good for those of us who don't have bionic eyesight.
    Add a user style sheet with the CSS found here: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...368#post166368

Should fix resizing issues.

Leave a comment:

• Wyatt
    replied
    This theme, in addition to being way too bright for my tastes, also doesn't take to text resizing gracefully. That's not good for those of us who don't have bionic eyesight.

Leave a comment:

• popper
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    One other suggestion Michael, please allow us to set the number of posts viewable in a page. The standard 10/25/50/100 posts settings would suffice.
    dont know if you found it yet but you can set it in

Thread Display Options

under Number of Posts to Show Per Page: change the default to 5,10m20,30,40

Leave a comment:

• popper
    replied
    Originally posted by Djhg2000 View Post
    What about this?
    Image way too big for embedding! *fleeing in panic from mod banhammer*
    It's a quick edit, but the colors seemed to work out pretty well.
    List:
    #7F7F7F frame
    #DFDFDF title background
    #BFBFBF background
    LOL, next time just save as jpeg and use the large direct imageshack.us URL as your "insert image, this board will then scale it to fit the screen for you that way people dont Need to download it just to see it.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Right, that's been on my TODO list, but it all takes time to write, especially with my minimal experience in writing vBulletin plug-ins.
    You might not need to write such a plugin there's plenty of vbulletin mods and patches out there, even the vbulletin site has links to such plugins/mods

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    Another thing you can do is disallow links/images in posts until newly registered user has reached say 5 posts or whatever you as the admin has set. Also no links or images in signatures until a certain post count is reached. Such a user will get an error message when trying to post a link or image if the required post count is not reached

Just a suggestion that should be easy to implement
    Right, that's been on my TODO list, but it all takes time to write, especially with my minimal experience in writing vBulletin plug-ins.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Because the way that spammers have been targeting the forums prior to the 1-minute-limit was creating a post with no links or anything else but just random text but then immediately after posting they would go and edit the post to add in links and whatever the spam target, which worked around the spam filtering. So anything above one minute would be next to useless if they still are able to get around it.
    Another thing you can do is disallow links/images in posts until newly registered user has reached say 5 posts or whatever you as the admin has set. Also no links or images in signatures until a certain post count is reached. Such a user will get an error message when trying to post a link or image if the required post count is not reached

Just a suggestion that should be easy to implement

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
    As for the edit time limit, why not bump it to 1 hr then if no problems allow 24 hrs edit time limit?

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    That I am so bottlenecked with other things already that I simply don't have the time to explore the new vBulletin to the fullest extent.
    No worries, of course only when your time permits

And one thing, what happened to multi-quote? Can't find the button for toggling multi-quote.

As for the edit time limit, why not bump it to 1 hr then if no problems allow 24 hrs edit time limit?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X