The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix
    and to make it easier for Phoronix Premium members to log-in to their accounts
    So where is the easier part? I understand you've been working on this since the 2006-2007 timeframe, and yes, I want to actually _log in to_ http://www.phoronix.com to turn off the ads and enable single-page viewing, _not_ first log into the forums and then you get 15 minutes of ad-freeness on phoronix.com.

Seems to me like upgrading vbulletin wouldn't make the PHXCMS / vBulletin integration any easier or harder. In fact, any code you had hacked together for vBulletin 3.x is probably out the window with 4.x, so it's a regression if nothing else. And considering how little attention this has received in the past.......

Good thought, but pardon me if I save my party hat for 2020, when (among other things) Radeon "R1200" chipsets will fully support OpenGL 6.1 on SuperGallium3d, the edit limit will be lifted, and wine can seamlessly run every Windows 9 application in 64-bit mode... heh. And maybe by then, subscribers to Phoronix will be able to login from the main website, or at least keep a cookie that stays around for more than 15 minutes. Maybe.

And let's not forget: A few weeks after Phoronix Premium subscribers successfully login from the main page, Duke Nukem Forever will be released.

Comment

The new theme is so bright! Any chance we can have a darker theme (light text on dark background)?

Comment

I'd still prefer the background to be darker than now.

Comment

theme

I like the light theme, although it does take a little getting used to. The new grey color is definitely better than the original white, which was too bright.

The header at the top is very green. Try putting some black in there somewhere, or some kind of color that will contrast nicely.

Comment

Title line here...

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            I like the light theme, although it does take a little getting used to. The new grey color is definitely better than the original white, which was too bright.

The header at the top is very green. Try putting some black in there somewhere, or some kind of color that will contrast nicely.
            The edit timeout is still WAY too fast.

Also, the title seems a little weird. I would suggest:

Removing the icon.
            Making the text less big/bold.
            Adding a background color to highlight that row instead.

More like the preview page shows it.

Comment

Maybe increasing contrast in general would help too. Right now my eyes seem to have a hard time figuring out the structure of the page. Comments look kind of mixed together. Maybe just making some borders more pronounced would improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by kirillkh View Post
                Maybe increasing contrast in general would help too. Right now my eyes seem to have a hard time figuring out the structure of the page. Comments look kind of mixed together. Maybe just making some borders more pronounced would improve it.
                Maybe use the dark green at the top of each post for the whole border around it.

Comment

But there's at least one thing done well in this theme: the green Reply button. Rolling over it makes my mouse feel horny.

Comment

The pager buttons stick out

They should be colored green like everything else.

Comment

Agreed, the icon in front of the (usually missing) post title is useless. And an individual post could be more 'compact'; perhaps really needs a thicker border. Or removal/relocation of the bottom grey bar with the report/reply links.

Comment

Working...
                      X