No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Forums Have Been Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always hear people say technical people have no feeling for design...

... I wonder why they say such a hurtfull thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      Ahhh the colors are much better now. Takes some time getting used to, but in the end this is how it should be.
      I feel the same way

Comment

• I just updated my Back-in-time user CSS; http://pastebin.com/ZaRDNZ2b

I figured out how to fix the borders, so it feels almost exactly like the old phoronix when reading a thread . Could still use a little help on cleaning it up though

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          Looks fine to me. If it hurts your eyes, what are you, a cave-dweller or something?
          I'm a Linux user and I live in my Mom's basement. Is this not normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Unfortunately it's not as easy for me as I need to track down a bunch of different vBulletin style variables and shit
            Rather than doing that (which I know is a pain, I spent ages with StyleVars on one forum and it still looks bad ) you can edit the *.css templates instead. For example, if you wanted to make changes to the CSS for individual posts, you'd edit the postbit.css template.

Comment

• Back-in-time updated again; http://pastebin.com/BY5QXu2S

Comment

• I'm not particularily fond of this new theme. The dark theme was comfortable and easy on the eyes. This looks brutish, halfbaked, and I don't think it conforms that well with the rest of the website like the old forums.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. (Well, apparently the spam control was broken, but it's no reason to break everything else too.)

Besides, I don't know how much you know about vBulletin, but they've gone pretty much downhill since they were bought up and the original team left. Were involved with a few scandals, too. I'd stay with what's old and known to be working well.

Comment

• Another post because of the 1 minute edit rule.

Ever consider a FOSS alternative? For a website that mainly deals with FOSS software, it's worth a thought. The arch forums use FluxBB (http://fluxbb.org/), which looks like it would fulfill the needed functionality of 99% of the users here.

Comment

• After the update, I can't seem to stay logged in after browser restarts.

Yes, the cookies are stored. Yes, it worked before the update.

Comment

• So, how about that checkbox that lets us change to a different forum theme? Could you please change that? Or at least acknowledge you will? There's a number of us that would really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X