Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit time limit of 1 minute...

What I was going to add:
    I'll have to look into phoronix premium.

Comment

Dunno about misbehaving ads, but I know the new one-time popover ad can't be closed in Akregator (KHTML).

Comment

I just noticed the add-bug this morning. Once a klasseloteriet.dk add and another one in Pink&black that I couldn't read. Strange that I get Danish adds while in Germany. Browser: Chrome on ubuntu. Would be nice if this gets fixed, because this is a serious usability killer.

Comment

Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
          I get that every time if I don't adblock it. Also happens to me if I access at uni, which uses Windows. The add is of a various type depending on where I am.

Heres a screen:

Have the same screen, so won't include it another time. refreshing the page makes is disapear.

Comment

The same here. I am in Germany and I get some klasselotteriet.dk ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              If you are logged into your forum account, one of the free benefits is that you shouldn't see Kontera ads anywhere at all on Phoronix. To see no ads of any kind, subscribe to Phoronix Premium - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=phoronix_premium
              However, notice:
              1. It has a short time-out (waaay shorter than the forums)
              2. You have to login using the forums
              3. You can't lock it to your IP (so you *have* to login)

Comment

I temporarily disabled adblock and good lord!

Do you really wonder why people use adblock?

Comment

Yes, I've noticed this a couple of times. Thought Phoronix was desperate for more ad revenue, for a while there. Good to know it's just a bug. Reading from Norway.

Comment

I just had this problem on the main page with a Samsung Pixom m8800 running Opera mini in java on Symbian OS, but the problem is longer there... So no reproduce.

I live in the Netherlands and I am currently in a bus in Haarlem and my ISP is Vodafone internet.

Comment

experiencing problem here in italy

Comment

Working...
                      X