Noticing A Problem With Ad Loading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noticing A Problem With Ad Loading?

Phoronix: Noticing A Problem With Ad Loading?

If you've been noticing on Phoronix over the past day or so when loading pages, occasionally a large, horizontal ad loading on the left side of the web-site where the vertical "skyscraper" ads are appearing, please let us know. We haven't been able to reproduce this problem ourselves and our ad provider, IDG TechNetwork, has only had limited success in reproducing this problem -- it seems to mainly affect European readers. However, this certainly does obstruct the viewing process and is indeed a bug that we are looking for our ad provider to address as soon as possible...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I normally surf with AdBlock but tried it and yes this bug does affect me, I can't read the news properly. I'm from Germany.

Comment

Fu** hell, I tried to temporally allow the Ads, but I gave up, after five reloads and allowing 10 sites to execute some sort of code. Thats why I use my ScriptBlocker. And nearly every site wants to set at least one cookie.

Call me paranoid if you want, but that is way to much.

Comment

You requested details regarding the ad that sits on top of the articles. Here's what I've experienced:

A big, fat, green ad spawns on top of the article text, horizontally.

The ad I've seen is a Danish ad for Boxer digital TV with some world cup special offer.

I am located in Norway, not quite sure why I'm getting a Danish ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegar View Post
          You requested details regarding the ad that sits on top of the articles. Here's what I've experienced:

A big, fat, green ad spawns on top of the article text, horizontally.

The ad I've seen is a Danish ad for Boxer digital TV with some world cup special offer.

I am located in Norway, not quite sure why I'm getting a Danish ad.
          I'm getting the same danish stuff in Canada. That's when I use liferea to load the page (could not find an effective way of blocking ads in there). It's a very bad experience.

Comment

i experience the problem.

i'm in Italy (win7 + chrome).

the ad i see is about Klasselotteriet.dk

Comment

i saw today a big green ad with dunno what on it, with no close button ; / it was not good.. i added phoronix to white list on addblock, but have to turn it back to black list, sorry , i was unable to watch the page

Comment

yes. It is some flash stuff, because I have flash loading on demand on in konqueror, so I see a huge box with the 'start plugin' button in it. Sometimes all articles are ok, sometimes all articles loaded at the same time are hit. Reloading makes the box disappear.

Comment

Big lottery add in a language I don't understand. Got that on all tabs (I open a bunch of them at a time) today for the first batch, then now it's ok (it really should only open on the first tab, but whatever).

Comment

I get that every time if I don't adblock it. Also happens to me if I access at uni, which uses Windows. The add is of a various type depending on where I am.

Heres a screen:

Comment

Working...
                    X