No announcement yet.

Feature Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first set of updates to the Phoronix Content Management System v5 (PHXCMS5) have been merged with our live server. Most of these improvements are under the hood, but there are a few visible changes. A majority of the CSS has been re-written for improved browser compatibility, load-time/efficiency, and the basis for some future expansions. The site should appear correctly in all major browsers. If you notice any browsing problems please report them.

The PHXCMS updates coming out later this year and next year will bring some new user features and other good things to come. Today's update can almost be dubbed as a maintenance release.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hey Michael,

As an Opera user, I can happily say your upgrade has fixed the problem on the main page.

Great job!!!

Comment

front page suggestion

Since this is the Site Discussion thread, I might aswell give some input.

There is one major thing that is really irksome to me since the latest updates to the main page. The only breaks inbetween each new topic under the "GNU/Linux Hardware News" section are blank spaces, I think its more visually pleasing if there's a solid colored bar of sorts at the end of each new section. I know that there are multiple blank spaces and the topics are in bold, but for this websites theme, a solid grey bar to signify the end of a topic would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
        --Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Since this is the Site Discussion thread, I might aswell give some input.

There is one major thing that is really irksome to me since the latest updates to the main page. The only breaks inbetween each new topic under the "GNU/Linux Hardware News" section are blank spaces, I think its more visually pleasing if there's a solid colored bar of sorts at the end of each new section. I know that there are multiple blank spaces and the topics are in bold, but for this websites theme, a solid grey bar to signify the end of a topic would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
          --Scott
          Was intended, but the CSS for that never ended up getting uploaded. There is a 1px horizontal rule between news entries now, and we will continue to tweak that area.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes, thank you Michael, it's much better now.

Comment

I find it to be much better when there is a line of separation, good work

--Scott

Comment

Working...
              X