No announcement yet.

Ban Qaridium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Society for the Protection of Mr Q, responds...

Hi Yall, Mr Q & "DanL",

please cease & desist, with your trolling & flamebait.

FYI, the 4ums rules, are and I quote "...you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Phoronix Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

Note, none of Mr Q's, have crossed this line and hence been edited etc.

Civilized laws and societies, tolerate conflicting points of view, as opposed to say China or Iran. By all means disagree with Mr Q-but do not try to "kill" his online voice.

DanL, back up and chill out. It is xmouse, play some computer games, hang out with friends, etc. :-)

GreekGeek :-)

Comment

Qaridarium's posts have a point, they're just written ridiculously bad and overreacting, you have to get used to it to understand what he's saying. Also, I think members like Jade (remember him?) were much worse with what was it - attacking jews? Or something like that.

I voted against a ban.

Comment

Oh come on. Take it easy guys and have fun . People should not take forums so seriously. Geez, banning someone for recreation is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Qaridarium's posts have a point, they're just written ridiculously bad and overreacting
          Not really. And if they do, it's lost in a sea of rambling.

Originally posted by hdas View Post
          Oh come on. Take it easy guys and have fun . People should not take forums so seriously. Geez, banning someone for recreation is silly.
          I visit Phoronix to get informations. Since that person appeared in the forums, that task has become significantly more difficult. It's hard to read a thread when half of the content (in terms of lines/screen real estate) is the kind of stuff you expect to hear yelled at squirrels by some crazy dude living in the woods.

As it is, if that person is allowed to keep bothering the forums I only see two options for me: write a user-script that hides his posts and people replying to his baits (because people replying to noise is just more noise), or leave the forum altogether and limit my reading to the news section. The common rule in forums is that for 1 poster there are 10 readers, it makes me wonder how many people are considering visiting Phoronix less often because they are bothered by the noise in forums.

Comment

Originally posted by that guy View Post
            Not really. And if they do, it's lost in a sea of rambling.

I visit Phoronix to get informations. Since that person appeared in the forums, that task has become significantly more difficult. It's hard to read a thread when half of the content (in terms of lines/screen real estate) is the kind of stuff you expect to hear yelled at squirrels by some crazy dude living in the woods.

As it is, if that person is allowed to keep bothering the forums I only see two options for me: write a user-script that hides his posts and people replying to his baits (because people replying to noise is just more noise), or leave the forum altogether and limit my reading to the news section. The common rule in forums is that for 1 poster there are 10 readers, it makes me wonder how many people are considering visiting Phoronix less often because they are bothered by the noise in forums.
            If he's bothering you so much, just add him to your ignore list (check your account settings).

Comment

is he posting a lot of crap?
              yes he does.
              are his postings hard to read?
              yes they are.
              does he deserve to be hit with the ban hammer?
              no he doesn't.

Just because you don't like his posts, does not mean that you can take away his 'freedom of speech'. Not even the regulated version here.

If you don't like his posts, just ignore them. Don't read them. You will be fine. Nobody forces you to deal with him.
              He is annoying. But he is not mean or evil.

Now, asking for a ban in such a way like this thread that is low, vile and evil.

Comment

@energyman:
                100% ACK!

Comment

Yeah, I have long ago added this person to my ignore list. Unfortunately, I can't ignore the quotes of people who respond to him. I also can't shake the feeling that this poster is trying to be annoying. I've worked in tech support jobs where language was a barrier, and I can tell when people are actually trying to communicate.

Now, asking for a ban in such a way like this thread that is low, vile and evil.
                  Yeah, I demand that people actually try and make sense when they post. I guess that makes me Stalin Jr.
                  Look, I don't see any moderators/admins. I know the site owner is 'Michael', but he's busy with articles and productive stuff. The site feedback forum seemed to be the best way to verify that I'm not the only one whose forum-reading experience is diminished by this member.

Just because you don't like his posts, does not mean that you can take away his 'freedom of speech'. Not even the regulated version here.
                  There are several posts that I disagree with, but at least I can respond to them in a logical manner. I can't say the same for Qaridarium's keyboard diarrhea.

Comment

then just don't read it.

That helps. A lot. People quote him? Thank god you can see his nick in there - and skip the post. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      I wouldnt even consider it very regulated here, pretty lax at best. except spammers obviously. You are right about freedom as his defense. If you see a sikh walking down the street you wouldn't tell him to cut his hair and you wouldn't lobby for his deportation. I hope.

Why wouldn't the same free principals apply here?

Food for thought i suppose.

hmm, pizza sounds good actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X