X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    "Proprietary hardware"? All hardware is proprietary. I've still to see the an "open source" PC.
    Well there is some opensource hardware if you are insane enough to spend the money on it.

Updated: November 2022 ... Important: In order for you to maximize the efficiency of your CARBONITE BACKUP process and to get the most out of your investment in the service, we highly suggest that you do the following ...

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by stan View Post
    I thought its only purpose was to ease the pain of being ripped off on underpowered proprietary hardware
    "Proprietary hardware"? All hardware is proprietary. I've still to see the an "open source" PC.

Leave a comment:

• stan
    replied
    Is buying OS X by itself worth it?

I thought its only purpose was to ease the pain of being ripped off on underpowered proprietary hardware

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by joffe View Post
    Does that mean all the others will be running on Apple hardware in September for comparison purposes?
    Yes, if OS X is to be thrown into the mix.

Leave a comment:

• joffe
    replied
    Does that mean all the others will be running on Apple hardware in September for comparison purposes?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" Benchmarks

Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" Benchmarks

Phoronix: Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" Benchmarks

Earlier this month we shared that we would be doing a big operating system benchmark comparison consisting of Linux (perhaps a few different distributions), OpenSolaris, some BSDs, and Mac OS X. With the news today from Apple that Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" will be shipping this Friday, the 28th of August, we are now one step closer to carrying out this large OS comparison...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X