No announcement yet.

Today Marks 20 Years Since Starting Phoronix For Linux Hardware Reviews & News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a long time for providing news about hardware and Linux software. Thank You and Congratulations and best wishes for the times arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Kombatant View Post
      I still remember you back in Rage3D Linux forums, back when we had to do juggling to make stuff like Compiz and Beryl work Congrats, here's to many more!
      The compiz cube still haunts me to this day lol. But it was so worth fighting drivers to get that ooooh aaaah response from people.

Comment

Congrats on 20 years of Phoronix!

I didn't sign up to the forum until about 2008 but I've been here since the start. I've always been impressed by the amount of articles you produce everyday and the amount of hardware you manage to test. No-one can deny Phoronix' influence, as probably best shown when Michael was consulted by Valve before the release of Steam - peak Phoronix I'd say.

Knoppix! Not heard that in a while. I preferred Kanotix. Kano taught me quite a lot about Debian in #kanotix.

We have come a long way since the days of XF86Config.

Thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by JosiahBradley View Post

The compiz cube still haunts me to this day lol. But it was so worth fighting drivers to get that ooooh aaaah response from people.
          That goddamn cube.

Comment

I am a latecomer, only arriving a year or two back. Thanks for the great articles. Although I'd be lying if I were to claim to understand it all, it's been highly educational.

Comment

Congratulations, and thanks for creating and maintaining such a great site, and for all the behind-the-scenes evangelizing along the way.

It was a huge help when I was coming up to speed on the business side of open source and Linux.
              Last edited by bridgman; 07 June 2024, 06:46 PM.
              Test signature

Comment

Thanks everyone for the Phoronix birthday wishes.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

>It's been about one decade since the last day there's been no new original content on Phoronix in a 24 hour period.

​That's your uptime! Thank you for the good work!

Comment

Working...
                  X