Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milyardo
    replied
    I think the real question here is why does Foodstrument's theme look so much better than Phoronix's? D:

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    I'm quite interesed in cooking and I'm a young male. I find most females today like cooking less than males.

I'm often tired of looking into crappy sites about cooking/kitchen gadgets, lack of variety or are often oriented to their own shop products (often on the same site or separate, but the same owner).

Most of those sites shows products not available in my country too, Spain.

What about Linux software for cooking stuff? Or controlling cooking gadgets over linux, that would be quite nice

$ make coffee
    $ buy tomatoes
    $ make salad
    $ make rice
    $ get fruit

Will it have a vegetarian section? I'm still not totally vegetarian (yet), but my diet is more into that for health reasons.

I'm lately interested in the following:

- Small frdge+freezer combos:for hardcore geek sessions in front of compy and eating halthy. Those geeks working at Google use them!
    - Vegetable milk makers: Lazy and geeks get healthy. Horchata is great (specially chufa aka tigernuts) !
    - Juice makers: Beause juices are faster than eating and easier.

PS: Change ads, we all hate Hannah Montana or if our butt is fat or not :P
    Last edited by timofonic; 07-15-2009, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• daveerickson
    replied
    Recommend products to review?

Everyone settle down about the "sexist" thing. It was a joke.

Now, will there be forums there? A way to post suggestions of products to test? As well as a Linux enthusiast I also love to home brew and would really like to know if an induction burner would work. I hear great things about induction but no one can say if it can hold 4+ gallons of water at a rolling boil for an hour with little to no tinkering. Enquiring minds want to know.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by alexforcefive View Post
    Maybe you could change the article then? It is very offensive
    And some people are just overly sensitive. My wife for one thought it was a great "tongue in cheek". Certainly no more offensive than many of the average headlines on the cover of many women targeted magazines.

Leave a comment:

• kensai
    replied
    LOL, since the moment I saw the title I knew it would be changed, it was crying for a change. I was surprised it lasted more than a minute there.

Leave a comment:

• krogy
    replied
    subtitute wife with significant other.
    fixed!

Leave a comment:

• stiiixy
    replied
    Naysayers!

It's a Phoronix-Media webs-ite. Michael made ONE post informing you about it. Big deal. Go cry in your pillow. Personally, if they launched 3 more web-sites all unrelated to tech I would wonder why they didn't advertise at first between each other. There's more to life than your Linux PC and I personally have to eat.

Quit'ch'yer bitchin'

Leave a comment:

• rohcQaH
    replied
    I really don't want to imagine food reviews on phoronix.

"Here's three pages of graphs generated by phoronix-test-suite, describing nutritional values, chemical composition as well as mass, density, conductivity and pulpiness of the food. We didn't bother testing how it tastes, though."

Leave a comment:

• sundown
    replied
    This reminds me so much of the story where you can install Debian on a microwave.

Leave a comment:

• mits
    replied
    lots of PC people here...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X