No announcement yet.

Happy 5th Birthday, Phoronix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A German version of Phoronix might just come in the near future I have a meeting about it next month.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

German version of Phoronix... mmh not sure what to think about this. It could devide the community a bit, and most people (especially those that visit Phoronix) speak English anyway. If it's just translated news and no changes to the forums, that would be okay I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        German version of Phoronix... mmh not sure what to think about this. It could devide the community a bit, and most people (especially those that visit Phoronix) speak English anyway. If it's just translated news and no changes to the forums, that would be okay I guess.
        The forums would remain in English. If Phoronix Germany goes through, it would more or less be just translated content and perhaps a few German extras and a testing grounds for other features.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

well done!
          Phoronix has become my No1 linux site (the fact that I dumped my 8600GT last year for a HD3870 was part of the reason).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            A German version of Phoronix might just come in the near future I have a meeting about it next month.
            looking forward to the result. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I think if you'd just ask for translators in an article you'd get a lot of responses. Obviously there are many germans around here. And translating from english to german is pretty easy.
              Edit: One downside could be that this would probably attract many germans which don't speak much english - which obviously is also exactly the point of this. But they might still *try* to ask their questions etc. in the forum, which I guess might get annoying.
              Last edited by Zhick; 06 June 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Event coverages and news about the "german speaking linux scene" would appeal to more people around Germany, Austria and Switzerland than just translations of existing news and articles. In my opinion there should be both to get as much new users as possible.

I'm going to respect your decisions anyway, even if you don't agree with my thoughts.

Comment

"Happy Birthday" !
                  Congratulations!
                  Thanks for beeing always up to date with great news and providing a good work, clear and professional.

All the best for the futur.

dlzerocool.

Comment

Happy birthday.
                    Hope to see this source of goodness going on for many more years!

Cheers
                    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                      X