Premium Special To Celebrate Phoronix's 18th Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post
    Linuxxx I don't think this was meant as a farewell post...
    Sure, if you fail to see the writing on the wall...

Let me take a wild guess:
    Until recently, even in your wildest dreams/nightmares, you just couldn't imagine the devil's graphical incarnation called nVidia ever working on an open-source Linux kernel driver, right?

Comment

Hi Michael,

congratulation for the milestone!

I do really appreciate your hard work: I can always find some interesting news or benchmark at whatever hour of the day!
      Your dedication is impressive and I hope you can afford to run Phoronix for many more years to come.

As my little contribution, I'm going to renews my subscription again and again.

Comment

Congratulations on 18 years Phoronix!
        For the financial side, maybe you should try to do some YouTube with native advertisements… It’s sad that it has come to this but if the written articles don’t generate enough revenue, maybe you need to pivot – just a bit – to video. Phoronix Premium lifetime member here! At the end, reporting about general Linux news and graphic stack updates seems to be your fulfillment, you can do this in video formats too. I’m not proposing closing this site but just maybe try to 'diversify' your work. A YouTube channel could maybe funnel back new readers to Phoronix and now with the SteamDeck Linux boom, the theoretical reach of your expertise never had a bigger audience.

Comment

Happy Birthday phoronix!

I hope you get more subscribers and ad revenue to get a good income!

Comment

Happy Birthday. Keep up the great work Michael.

Comment

Happy Birthday

Comment

Originally posted by bavay View Post
                First, congratulations for keeping going for 18 years! It's one thing to get something running a few times over a few months and then moving to something else and on the other hand, remaining faithful to your project and vision daily for 18 years! As a side note, I don't know how many people do the same, but although I am premium member, I often forget to log in until I want to post something in the forums. This means that my traffic appears as a free-rider with an ad blocker although I am a premium member (and I log in from several distinct computers, therefore I usually don't remain automatically logged in).
                for me it is the same i have lifetime premium but most of the time if i do not write in the forum i am not logged in and because of this the adds are blocket by adblocker...

so yes just have anger agaist adblock users is not a good way because many premium users show up as adblocker users to.
                Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                  Michael
                  Yeah, I think calling it quits on Phoronix & taking on a regular job at a tech-company is the best path forward for You personally.
                  After all, You've got a family to look after, and relying on ad-money alone for the majority of Your income simply can't cut it anymore in the age of YouTube & Co.
                  Of course I'm going to miss visiting Your site daily (and seeing all those beautiful ads ), but nothing good lasts forever anyway...
                  Thanks for all the manpower You spent around here, which genuinely has helped to improve the Linux landscape immensely.
                  May Your legacy live on in the form of the Phoronix Test Suite!
                  you could write a benchmark in webassembly+webgpu generating crypto-coins so people who visit phoronix.com generate crypto coins for michael at the same time the system is benchmarked and people how fast their hardware is...

I think for michael it is not so hard to get a side job at valve just buy a steam deck and port PTS to the steam deck and benchmark it.

i did not see such benchmarks here yet... and it is more usefull than these rx 6750xt benchmarks he did spend 500€ on a gpu who is only 2% faster than the normel 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
                    I think for michael it is not so hard to get a side job at valve just buy a steam deck and port PTS to the steam deck and benchmark it.

i did not see such benchmarks here yet...
                    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

https://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=30957
                      yes thank you i missed this 2 articles...

Comment

Working...
                      X