Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Special To Celebrate Phoronix's 18th Birthday

Phoronix: Premium Special To Celebrate Phoronix's 18th Birthday

This Sunday, 5 June, marks the 18th birthday for Phoronix.com since I started this website to focus on Linux hardware reviews and performance testing. To mark the occasion, there will be a Phoronix Premium special if you wish to go ad-free on the site and enjoy multi-page articles on a single page while helping to hopefully ensure a successful 19th year for Phoronix...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally Phoronix is allowed to drink beer legally in the majority of Countries Congrats and thx for the good work

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
      Finally Phoronix is allowed to drink beer legally in the majority of Countries Congrats and thx for the good work
      Sadly, Phoronix is based in the US, so 3 more years left... :P

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Sadly, Phoronix is based in the US, so 3 more years left... :P
        That has to be one of the reasons Michael likes Germany (or at least Bavaria) that much.
        You're allowed to drink beer and wine here at the age of 16 (even in public).

Comment

Originally posted by baka0815 View Post

That has to be one of the reasons Michael likes Germany (or at least Bavaria) that much.
          You're allowed to drink beer and wine here at the age of 16 (even in public).
          So much about US has the most freedoms

Comment

Legal drinking age in Japan is 20.

Michael; I've got a chunk of BAT from using Brave as my default browser which I'd be happy to send Phoronix's way if you verify the site.
            Of course, the volatility of crypto in general means the value fluctuates wildly (what was more than $20 a few weeks ago is now about $4...) so I understand if it's a series of obstacles you don't want to have to navigate.

Comment

Phoronix's annoying uncle: - Congrats, now you can get your drivers license soon and drive down to Walmart to buy Microsoft's Windows 11 and stop tinkering with all your loonix junk in the garage!

But seriously congratulations, 18 years is a long time.

Comment

Michael

Yeah, I think calling it quits on Phoronix & taking on a regular job at a tech-company is the best path forward for You personally.
                After all, You've got a family to look after, and relying on ad-money alone for the majority of Your income simply can't cut it anymore in the age of YouTube & Co.

Of course I'm going to miss visiting Your site daily (and seeing all those beautiful ads ), but nothing good lasts forever anyway...

Thanks for all the manpower You spent around here, which genuinely has helped to improve the Linux landscape immensely.

May Your legacy live on in the form of the Phoronix Test Suite!

Comment

Linuxxx I don't think this was meant as a farewell post...

Comment

First, congratulations for keeping going for 18 years! It's one thing to get something running a few times over a few months and then moving to something else and on the other hand, remaining faithful to your project and vision daily for 18 years! As a side note, I don't know how many people do the same, but although I am premium member, I often forget to log in until I want to post something in the forums. This means that my traffic appears as a free-rider with an ad blocker although I am a premium member (and I log in from several distinct computers, therefore I usually don't remain automatically logged in).

Comment

Working...
                    X