Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It's looking to be due to CloudFlare
    Hmm... they provide a flush caches option.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Hmm... they provide a flush caches option.
      It's not that but some traffic pattern out of Europe or other geo is causing the server firewall to block that CloudFlare IP(s) that seem to be handling caching of static assets for select regions. That automated blocking in turn then breaks the forum icons for a subset of users. When I flush the block, the icons then reappear and work fine. So a matter of isolating and addressing that underlying DDoS / malicious traffic
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

ui.png

I'm having problems with UI too, using latest chrome x64 on windows 10 x64. Disabling ublock doesn't help.

Comment

It's not that but some traffic pattern out of Europe or other geo is causing the server firewall to block that CloudFlare IP(s) that seem to be handling caching of static assets for select regions. That automated blocking in turn then breaks the forum icons for a subset of users. When I flush the block, the icons then reappear and work fine. So a matter of isolating and addressing that underlying DDoS / malicious traffic
          Hi, any chance to add a little bit client script to detect the 404 issue, then fetch a non-cached asset from main server for users like us?

Comment

Michael Could this be the cause of the missing icons problem?

Originally posted by billyswong View Post

No, it's more complicated than that. Within the forum css, there is a paragraph of
            Code:
            body .b-icon,body .vb-icon {
            background-image url(images/sprite_icons_flat.svg);
            }
            Note there's a colon I deliberately remove from the actual code because the stupid vBulletin would block me if I paste code as is. But anyway, the point is, when one right click an UI icon that is blanked in current forum and select "inspect" in Firefox, one can find that paragraph of css affecting the icons from showing up. Hover on that "background-image" line, a checkbox will appear. Click and disable that line from running, Viola! Suddenly all those missing tiny icons show up once again because the true "background-image" for those icons can take effect again. That line masked the icons.

I don't have a receipt to fix such temporary fix into uBlock Origin yet. I think putting it into Greasemonkey could be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Michael Could this be the cause of the missing icons problem?
              Hmmm! Yes indeed, looks like that may have fixed it up but unclear how this propagated due to no change on my end unless the SVG file reference was removed in an update long ago but happened to be cached by CloudFlare and then flushed more recently.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hmmm! Yes indeed, looks like that may have fixed it up but unclear how this propagated due to no change on my end unless the SVG file reference was removed in an update long ago but happened to be cached by CloudFlare and then flushed more recently.
                The icons are back now! And on mobile even the ones which were invisible are now there.

Thank you!

Comment

This is still not fixed.

1. https://www.phoronix.com/forums/imag...icons_flat.svg

Version: HTTP/2
                  Transferred: 7.25 KB (25.49 KB size)
                  Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin

2. Forums icons do not load in both Firefox and Chrome:

The image loads directly but not when used for as forums icons.

3. Favicon fails to load:

[HTTP/2 404 Not Found 0ms]
                  Last edited by birdie; 14 April 2022, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    This is still not fixed.

1. https://www.phoronix.com/forums/imag...icons_flat.svg

Version: HTTP/2
                    Transferred: 7.25 KB (25.49 KB size)
                    Referrer Policy: strict-origin-when-cross-origin

2. Forums icons do not load in both Firefox and Chrome:

The image loads directly but not when used for as forums icons.

3. Favicon fails to load:

[HTTP/2 404 Not Found 0ms]
                    They load fine for me though. Could it be because Phoronix is using a new iconset?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

They load fine for me though. Could it be because Phoronix is using a new iconset?
                      They load/don't load depending on your geo. Michael still hasn't figured out CloudFlare caching.

Comment

Working...
                      X