Nearly all icons gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly all icons gone

It appears that you did some tweaks to the forum and this morning when I woke up I observed that nearly all of the icons are completely gone, being literally invisible now.
    Both on mobile and desktop.
    Invisible buttons have been a problem before, but never thought it would be of this magnitude now.

Before:

After:

As you can observe, most icons are missing, including:

- Quotation mark
    - "Go to original post" fast-forward button
    - Formatting/attachment/smiley buttons
    - The chevrons on the current page
    - Offline/online status
    - Perhaps a lot more

I really hope this issue can be resolved, as dealing with invisible buttons is no fun.

Originally posted by birdie
    I've been experiencing this for months, it's weird you've just noticed it.

I'm not sure why Michael insists on vBulletin - it has so many quirks and issues it's painful to use. No pagination on the desktop is perhaps the worst. You just cannot jump to a random page, you need to enter its number and hit enter. Whoa.
    That's odd. Maybe my cache expired and the new broken state came in...

If Michael does not respond to this issue today I am contacting him directly as seeing this forum decay from time to time is kinda disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

That's odd. Maybe my cache expired and the new broken state came in...

If Michael does not respond to this issue today I am contacting him directly as seeing this forum decay from time to time is kinda disappointing.
      Four years ago or something I offered him free help in migrating to XenForo - he declined and said he was OK with the forum. Six years ago I asked for delete and spoiler tags - Michael just ignored it - it takes like 10 minutes to enable both. I stopped caring ever since.

Comment

I've been experiencing this for months, it's weird you've just noticed it.

No pagination on the desktop is perhaps the worst. You just cannot jump to a random page, you need to enter its number and hit enter. Whoa.
        But I have them no problem

Comment

Pagination and all the icons are working fine for me.... Guessing it might be a caching issue. Did upgrade the forum software to a minor point release like two weeks back, but no other changes since. Will also check that there isn't any CloudFlare issues.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael, I'm talking about this.

How am I supposed to select pages without entering their numbers manually? Go through them one by one?

Secondly, why is this thing only at the top of the page? Hugely inconvenient.

It's only on mobile.
            Erm... the icons aren't broken for you.... that's odd.

Comment

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/imag...icons_flat.svg in Chrome console reports error 404

Comment

Icons have returned now.

Comment

Never mind. The icons went away again...

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    Never mind. The icons went away again...
                    It's looking to be due to CloudFlare
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X