Phoronix Turns 17 Years Old, Covering The Linux Hardware Scene Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Turns 17 Years Old, Covering The Linux Hardware Scene Daily

Phoronix: Phoronix Turns 17 Years Old, Covering The Linux Hardware Scene Daily

Today marks seventeen years since I started Phoronix.com for what would become the leading Linux hardware reviews and benchmarking site. The 5th of June also marks 13 years now since the release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.0 for leading open-source benchmarking...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Congratulations many happy returns.

Comment

What's the oldest online account you have? I think mine is Slashdot from 1998.

Comment

Happy birthday

Comment

Happy birthday!

Comment

Congrats & thanks for your work!

Comment

Happy birthday! 🍕 🍾 🎂 🍻 🎁

Comment

Congrats!

I might as well throw in a few pros and cons...

Pros:
                Diversity, lots of insane people on the forums, also included news about other *nix and other obscure OS. Friendly enough to be somewhat tolerant against minor abuse in the forum's

Cons:
                No filter for tags/categories such as games, filesystems, reviews, graphics, audio. Liked the previous website design better. A bit short articles sometimes. Should visualise external links better.
                Phoronix consumes 30% of the world's yearly coffee supplies (I have no fact to back up the latest claim, but I find no logical reason why this would not be true)

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Thank you Michael and happy Phoronix birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday Phoronix! Glad to support you through Phoronix Premium.

Comment

Working...
                    X