Feature Request- Dark mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request- Dark mode

Whiteness of Phoronix is really painful for eyes , while i'm aware extensions like Dark Reader can be used by user , it really makes web browsing experience very slow , especially on websites with heavy JS.

Dark Reader Chrome and Firefox extension. Contribute to darkreader/darkreader development by creating an account on GitHub.

As of 2020 , most of the websites i visit ( including mainstream ones and Linux related others ) are offering dark mode by default , which is behind a simple toggle.

That would be a nice addition to Phoronix.

Honestly I can not look at the Web without Dark Reader anymore. It would be nice if this and every other website was dark BY DEFAULT, with a toggle to turn it bright. It's a shocking experience when you're using your computer at night and suddenly a completely white screen pops up on you.

Comment

I also miss this feature a lot. I'm a web developer and could help to create a dark theme. Where is the website source code?

Comment

Since i made this feature request Github also introduced dark mode. Phoronix is now the only website i visit often yet doesn't offer a dark mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
          Since i made this feature request Github also introduced dark mode. Phoronix is now the only website i visit often yet doesn't offer a dark mode.
          The one blocker from the dark mode implementation I worked on is not yet handling of the SVG graphs. So until coming up with some elegant solution there that is the main blocker.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

The one blocker from the dark mode implementation I worked on is not yet handling of the SVG graphs. So until coming up with some elegant solution there that is the main blocker.
            What is the problem? Maybe I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I've noticed unreadable charts here and on OpenBenchmarking when using Dark Reader. So that's already currently a problem. I want to suggest a quick fix, just put a white background in every chart. It's not the ideal solution but plenty enough to unblock the feature for now, and probably very easy to do.

Comment

I've got you covered, here is phoronix dark mode:

https://i.imgur.com/yFTOzOD.png I went a head and created my own dark mode for phoronix :cool: If you are using uBlock Origin, you can just copy/paste the following code in your filters: ! PHORONIX phoronix.com###content-bg:style(background:#222222 !important;) phoronix.com###content:style(background:#494949 !important;)

(the forum part is not finished yet, but its a good start)

Comment

I agree with this request, as another user stated: Phoronix is the only site I use that doesn't currently have Dark Mode, and when I browse it on my phone in the dark, I get blinded every time I open a link to it.

Even though the dark-mode of SVGs might be "off" currently, that wouldn't matter so much to me since I mostly read the news articles. Waiting a couple of weeks extra for the SVGs to be fixed would be fine.

Comment

+1 from me for the Dark mode.

Comment

Working...
                    X