• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, Wikipedia says:
    PowerColor
    Founded 1997 [1]
    Headquarters Industry, CA, United States
    If their HQ is in the US and A, wouldn't that make them US-based?

Comment

pfunkman, it is you who has no clue. My VW expample is true (also true for BMW). This is the reason why a lot of people in Germany bought their car overseas - there were even infos about it from various sources of things that had to be changed to make an american vw legal for german streets. Please stop, you don't know anything. And I don't even bother to answer the rest. You know NOTHING and dare to attack me. So lame.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Hmm, Wikipedia says:If their HQ is in the US and A, wouldn't that make them US-based?
        Powercolor is owned by TUL a company based in taiwan, want to hold an international contest do it as TUL and slap the powercolor name on it problem solved...

Originally posted by energyman
        pfunkman, it is you who has no clue. My VW expample is true (also true for BMW). This is the reason why a lot of people in Germany bought their car overseas - there were even infos about it from various sources of things that had to be changed to make an american vw legal for german streets. Please stop, you don't know anything. And I don't even bother to answer the rest. You know NOTHING and dare to attack me. So lame.
        Proof or STFU about the VW nonsense already. Even if it is true the exception is not the rule and im willing to bet the value of the american dollar being in the toilet would have more to do with it than anything. But i dont really feel like trying to teach economics 101 to someone content on pointing fingers and crying.

Tell your governments to loosen up the fucking laws a bit and maybe you will see some more contests applicable in your area otherwise quit crying like its our fault or even has anything to do with us.

So sick of these childish europeans that act like babies towards americans. You sound like a 4 year old crying that his little brother got a bigger piece of the cake. Its pathetic

Since common sense apparently eludes you ill just leave it at this:

Im not attacking you, in fact you started off your nonsense attacking americans in general. You dont like how things work figure out who to blame before throwing another temper tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
          Actually it's quite the opposite. My cousin constantly orders Porsche and Mercedes bought directly in Germany and ships them over because it is cheaper. Sticker price on a foreign car is very misleading as there are several additional import, luxury, gas guzzler, etc taxes and tariffs that are added on at the dealer. BTW, Volkwagens sold in NA are generally made in Mexico.

Comment

A few years ago you could save between 5 and 10% when buying a BMW in North America if you picked it up at the factory, including shipping it home and insurance while you were driving it around Europe. That did not include your own airfare over, accomodation, or beer

I don't think it was actually "cheaper to buy there", just that cars picked up from the factory didn't come out of the local dealer's allocation so they were happy to sell at a lower price and still make some $$. Not sure what the current pricing is between NA and Germany.

Note - my "German Engineered Driving Experience" is the leftover Mercedes 300E parts that got designed into my Dodge Magnum
            Last edited by bridgman; 26 February 2009, 10:53 PM.
            Test signature

Comment

Survey?

Correct me if I am wrong, but this thread was about a phoronix survey... how did we get onto German engineered cars and calling each other names (which is a usual combo) ???

Anyways, going back to the Survey about ads on here, I don't have 'adblock'. I simply have learned to ignore most of the ads on websites.
              But as Michael pointed out, impressions keep sites like phoronix alive. Wanna get more articles that are relevant? Stop using adblockers. Maybe even click on an ad for a change, especially when it is one that could interest you. I used to click on the ads for remote administration all the time. I actually learned quite a bit from the links it got me.

People keep forgetting that the advertisements is what keeps things free or at least affordable.

Just a thought ...

Comment

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
                I think everyone that admits to using adblock should be permanently banned.
                Your very funny!

Originally posted by pfunkman View Post
                When you freeloaders use adblock you are screwing over the sites you frequent. Sites dont magically exist for free, the money needs to come from somewhere and if not ad revenue then where? Do you all plan on donating for the bandwidth and space? Its not as cheap as most would think.
                If you can't afford to run a web site then don't run one, no body is forcing you to go bankrupt or something for spending 20 bucks a month.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan_nz View Post
                  Your very funny!

If you can't afford to run a web site then don't run one, no body is forcing you to go bankrupt or something for spending 20 bucks a month.
                  LOL $20 a month, you clearly have no idea of the costs running a high traffic site let alone a site that does hardware reviews which often means cash out of pocket.

Comment

I know where to find bargains.

Comment

Originally posted by duncan_nz View Post
                      I know where to find bargains.
                      Please do tell where you can get a server that can handle the traffic that this site gets as well as it's sister sites and handle project management efficiently with enough bandwidth that you are not paying overages, experiencing regular downtime, that isn't a shared server and has guaranteed bandwidth.

Crap resellers need not apply.

Comment

Working...
                      X