Phoronix.com Transition To New Server Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Hmm that is really strange, especially if you are connecting from Toronto area. Here I can load any forum page in ~1 second.

Your Internet isn't having any issues is it? Are you able to run a traceroute with timing?
    Other sites were fast, just Phoronix was slow. Everything is fast now though, so that's a good thing. If it gets slow again will collect more info.

Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hmmm can you comment in the morning/tomorrow how the performance is looking? Not seeing any abnormalities on my side right now unless it's some CloudFlare caching woe.
      Congrats on the upgrade! Everything looks good from where I sit.

Comment

I'm still having issues, I'm in Colorado.

Comment

I'm in California on a gigabit fiber line, page loadings take like 10 seconds for me. It was fine before the upgrade.

Comment

I'm in South America and all day the site has been loading just fine (except for the scheduled downtime). After the upgrade is running even faster (less than 1 second for a forum page).

Comment

Loads really fast. If you ever think of moving away from vbulletin I wouldn't be opposed.

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol

Until it gets confirmed by reproducible measurements, it may be just a placebo effect.
                Hate to ruin the euphoria, but here in Belgium it's real slow. Waiting 25-30 seconds for any page to open in a new tab, login takes a minute. Not that Epyc IMHO

Cheers

Comment

On one of my computers it was fast immediately. On the other computer, long wait times at first. When I restarted Firefox, it became fast, but with Chrome it still timed out even after rebooting. I tried several times restarting Chrome, eventually it became fast as well.

Once it gets fast, it feels quite a bit faster than it used to be.

EDIT: It go slow again and timed out continuously trying to read articles, but I could still get to the forum, and after I logged out and in again, it got fast again, but I'm not sure if those are just coincidences.
                  Last edited by indepe; 05 July 2020, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Screenshot login :

Can't get the editor to work

Update : after rebooting and switching from FF 68ESR to FF 78ESR, pageload is as fast as before but the editor seems to need time to "think about it"
                    Last edited by DL9220; 05 July 2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
                      I think Michael 's holiday was July 1st.

And he probably doesn't get the day off, as I hear he has a pretty strict boss!
                      Closest thing to any holiday that I would celebrate is Oktoberfest... The marriage of King Ludwig and Therese.

But I still work those days too :/
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X