No announcement yet.

Phoronix.com Transition To New Server Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's working super fast now in Mexico (was unusable yesterday for the whole day & evening)
    Editor also work now.

Did you changed something Michael

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
      It's working super fast now in Mexico (was unusable yesterday for the whole day & evening)
      Editor also work now.

Did you changed something Michael
      Didn't change anything with regards to the editor.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Closest thing to any holiday that I would celebrate is Oktoberfest... The marriage of King Ludwig and Therese.

But I still work those days too :/
        That is all well and good but you should take time off at least once in a while.

Comment

Seems to be working just fine for me, here in NY. That is this morning and yesterday. Running Fedora 32 with Firefox on Wayland so if there are issues they should be popping up on this install. More importantly the site has been fast since start up while I've been using a Cell connection for networking. Rather snappy actually.

I'm actually wondering if people are having troubles with caching either locally or some place between your servers and their box.

Comment

Michael

Do you have any numbers on how much the performance dropped over time due to mitigations alone on your existing intel servers?

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post
              MichaelDo you have any numbers on how much the performance dropped over time due to mitigations alone on your existing intel servers?
              Hmm... searching the article database for "mitigations", these seem most relevant:

Comment

Michael for what it's worth, everything is fast now for me. Especially the forum is a lot faster than before the upgrade. Prost!

Comment

Still performing well for me after that one very slow period yesterday.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hmmm can you comment in the morning/tomorrow how the performance is looking? Not seeing any abnormalities on my side right now unless it's some CloudFlare caching woe.
                    Michael it all seems to be fixed today. Articles are loading finally, timeouts seem to be gone and the editor is loading properly.

Comment

Phoronix and OpenBenchmarking were slow for me initially(slow loading, not the DNS lookup).
                      Now both are ok - maybe something to do with the cache.
                      Also note that some might indeed have timeouts if their DNS provider didn't refresh their cache and the servers changed their IP.

Comment

Working...
                      X