No announcement yet.

Phoronix.com Transition To New Server Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is something wrong. It take like 10 seconds easily, eater for the site to start loading or for any of the articles to start loading. Same for the for Forum. Also, while typing thaat text, I got that error "There was an error loading the rich text editor. You may use the plain text editor, or you may reload the page to try again. If the problem persists, please contact the administrator." I was initially thinking it was DNS related but these things should be cached so it's probably something else. Michael EDIT, upon posting the message, I got a white page with the following : {"nodeId":1191172}

Comment

Loading time is a lot slower, did you enable cache?

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
        There is something wrong. It take like 10 seconds easily, eater for the site to start loading or for any of the articles to start loading. Same for the for Forum. Also, while typing thaat text, I got that error "There was an error loading the rich text editor. You may use the plain text editor, or you may reload the page to try again. If the problem persists, please contact the administrator." I was initially thinking it was DNS related but these things should be cached so it's probably something else. Michael EDIT, upon posting the message, I got a white page with the following : {"nodeId":1191172}
        Hmmm haven't seen any reports of similar issues yet.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I also cannot load the rich text editor. I continually get an error message. I also had some instances of the site not loading. I got cloud flare error pages. I would post a copy if I could, but I can't seem to attach anything b/c the editor is not working properly.

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
            I also cannot load the rich text editor. I continually get an error message. I also had some instances of the site not loading. I got cloud flare error pages. I would post a copy if I could, but I can't seem to attach anything b/c the editor is not working properly.
            Does it work now, just made a security tweak.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

no, still broken

Comment

Originally posted by sheldonl View Post
                no, still broken
                Steps you are doing to try to reproduce the breakage? Thanks.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

I'm just reloading the page. shift+reload. It takes a while to reload. I get a yellow box at the top middle of the screen that says loading, then after a few seconds the message that the rich text editor could not be loaded. btw: every time I post a message I get a blank page with something like the following: {"nodeId":1191185}

Comment

I basically have exactly the same issues as RavFX. What I can tell you: I'm on a mac running google chrome. Where I am the internet has fairly high latency and is not the fastest thing in the world. My average ping time according to speedtest.net is 93ms. 6Mbps down, 1 up.

Comment

Yep, same problem here, requests take about 16 seconds, at least the first. Some are GET, some POST (forum). The network tab says almost all time is spend waiting for the server to respond; DNS, connect, tls setup and transfer speed seem fine. Also, some (non-cached) responses are quick, maybe pipelined requests don't have this problem? I am in the Netherlands, maybe something location based?

Comment

Working...
                      X