change forum color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change forum color

how can i get rid of this white on black and revert it to black on white or something else with dark text and bright background?

I suppose I'm going to have to ask the obvious question: What's wrong with the colours as they are? Even with low screen brightness, I find it much more readable than a great many other sites on the internet.

Anyway, if you're using Firefox, I guess you can use View >> Page Style >> No Style. Oddly, there don't seem to be any colour schemes in the settings....

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
      I suppose I'm going to have to ask the obvious question: What's wrong with the colours as they are? Even with low screen brightness, I find it much more readable than a great many other sites on the internet.

Anyway, if you're using Firefox, I guess you can use View >> Page Style >> No Style. Oddly, there don't seem to be any colour schemes in the settings....
      because there are people who have problems with bright text on dark background.

i knew that about firefox view options and i also have stylish as plugin, but both are no solution compared to a forum option where people can select between different styles. if someone want this style use it, but do not force others todo so and give them the possibility to select the standard forum colors.

the reason why i registered is because i thought i can change the forum style.

plain simple, no option to change the style, no use of the forum. got it?

Comment

Also you can use compiz to invert an app.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Also you can use compiz to invert an app.
          does everyyone use compiz? is compiz necessary to use a forum?

User Control Panel Features
          User Options
          forum style chooser

Admin Control Panel Features
          Styling & Templates
          # Ability to create multiple styles which can be applied to different forums and users
          # Ability to upload / download styles and languages

the forum should not have a problem with different styles...

Comment

Maybe I'm just being too innocent after the warm roost that is my usual IRC channels, but I sort of feel that if you have the energy to be indignant about it, you're probably all right. The flow of this has been sort of off from the start: you had a problem; I made a query hoping for clarification, supplied a stopgap suggestion, and added an affirmation of oddness. You said you already had said stopgap, as well as more complicated ones in place; Kano made another suggestion that could potentially help. And now you complained that his suggestion was bad? Now, I don't know about Kano, but *I* certainly don't have any power to control what optional modules the Phoronix people put into their forum, so this is the best I can do.

But realistically, don't know if you've got really bad cataracts or keratoconus, macular degeneration, or what; you never stated it clearly. However, the measures you seem to have already had available before starting this thread seem adequate enough for you to participate civilly like the rest of us.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but I've already written, verified, and edited like eight pages of documentation today, and this is about as artful as I get after that (doc writing is the pits ).

Comment

you were not harsh.

im harsh because im angry! angry on the super cool people with their super cool design to show that they are super cool. flash, javascript is on a lot of sites essential only to navigate the content. dark blue or dark red on black background is as cool as yellow on white background. and so on...

site discussion not read by the admins? too much work to give the users the standard settings of the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by dust View Post
                you were not harsh.

im harsh because im angry! angry on the super cool people with their super cool design to show that they are super cool. flash, javascript is on a lot of sites essential only to navigate the content. dark blue or dark red on black background is as cool as yellow on white background. and so on...

site discussion not read by the admins? too much work to give the users the standard settings of the forum?
                I am not sure about the vBulletin modules available to give the users the option to change the color palette themselves or to select from multiple themes. However, I would love to change it to a black-on-white theme for everyone. Last time I brought that up though with forum goers, it didn't seem to be that popular. If more people will state they want white-on-black, I'll gladly sanction a redesign.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

thank you michael for your quick replay

standard is the user can select in the options a style he wants. so someone did extra work to hide this option.

User Control Panel Features
                  User Options

These include Daylight Savings options, forum style chooser, selection of notification types for PM, emails etc, thread display options, WYSIWYG editor options, language chooser, vCard downloads to allow the user profile to be placed into an address book

would be great if the forum style chooser would be enabled again. the white on black can be the pre selected style and people can select the vbulletin standard style if they want. for that change only minimal work is needed.

btw. THE kano from kanotix? if yes we had some years ago a discussion somwhere about something. dont remember the details, as it is too long ago.

Comment

any news? hallo!

Comment

Working...
                    X