Showing Your Love For Open-Source + Linux Benchmarking This Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

All I'd like to say on that matter is that while I neither 100% agree with or even qualify for their program, as someone currently going through a tough time and could use a program like that, just shut up. Anything that gets people the help they need, into programming, and into using open source software is a good thing.
    A people? Yes! However, this stupid program discriminates a lot of people.

As far as politics goes, if a person really needs to be told to tolerate others and not to refer to entire demographics of people as faggots and bitches in public, damn, that's on them for being a piece of shit person. Oh, and note the key phrase of in public -- because no one gives a flying fuck what you say and do at home. We just don't want to be in the line at the grocery store and have to deal with bigotry while getting the stuff for taco night.
    Do you remember there were some Open Source meeting planned in GdaƄsk in Poland? Someone decided it's a bad place, because lgbt aren't treated well in Poland. This proves you're totally wrong. If someone successfully uses lgbt bullshit argument to decide about Open Source meetings then fuck this! Furthermore, there were no single proof of a bad treatment. There's a law in Poland which demands people to not be naked in public places and there are some other regulations about civilized behavior. If lgbt can't follow civilized rules then it's not our problem. If someone uses this against Open Source he should be banned.

Ps. I'm for people who benefit from outreach (and if some of the Phoronix members benefit from it, it's even better), but I'm against using them in politics. This makes outreach look bad.
    Last edited by Volta; 15 February 2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X