Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box about advertisement revenue pops up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box about advertisement revenue pops up.

Hello,

I am subscribed to Phoronix Premium, and am currently logged into the forum (obviously as I am posting). I also happen to run uBlock Origin.

Since recently (somewhere during this January months, at least after I'm back from my vacations), I started seeing the message box that complains about ad blocker and encourages PayPal tips or Phoronix Premium subsciptions...

We Rely On Your Support: This site is primarily supported by advertisements. Ads are what have allowed this site to be maintained for the past 15 years. We do our best to ensure only clean, relevant ads are shown, when any nasty ads are detected, we work to remove them ASAP. If you would like to view the site without ads while still supporting our work, please consider our ad-free Phoronix Premium. You can also consider a tip via PayPal.
    Is the code which is responsible for detecting logged-in subscribers broken ?
    Or is it just me ? (e.g.: having way too many privacy protection system in place, to the point that is makes the logged-in subscribers detection fail)

When you are logging into the forums are you checking the 'remember me' box?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yes, it's checked, and apparently it works on the forum side of things, given that I'm already recognized as logged in by the forum.
      Only the articles randomly pop-up...

Hum.... Is my status still "subscribed" on Phoronix ?
      Has PayPal bounced my January payment ? I don't see it appearing in PayPal's history. But on the other hand, I haven't received any error message from PayPal either. Weird.

Comment

Got a couple of Cloudflare errors also today, so maybe the error isn't either at your nor at my side, but maybe at CDN in the middle ?
        Everything seems to be back to normal now.

Comment

Working...
        X