Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Last Call To Show Your Support In 2019

Phoronix: A Last Call To Show Your Support In 2019

Just a friendly reminder that if you wish to show your support in 2019 and take part in our Christmas / New Year's deal, time is quickly running out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    I disabled ad blocking for this specific site. No other sites gets this special treatment.

Premium? Depends on forum moderation. So much bad language.
    Yeah because whether or not you want to give Michael money depends on what other users comment, that makes sense. Michael definitely is in full control of what people comment. /s.

I on the other hand don't care what other people say here, so enjoy another premium subscriber, you truly deserve it!

Comment

Redfoxmoon Strawman. I said Michael is in control of moderation. That’s very different than being in control of commenting.

Comments like this is really poor and racism.
      https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...11#post1145211
      That's highly subjective, and ... what? what...?

Comment

Redfoxmoon Objectively it’s lost revenue.. Poor commenting like this will keep paying people away. Lessons learned at LWN.
        Again subjective, because of you I've subscribed today :^)

ah yes, LWN, the echo chamber site, I do love that one. /s

Comment

I'd like to see proof that users asking for censorship would actually pay to be premium.

Meanwhile as an actual premium user it would have made me go away.

Comment

Redfoxmoon Objectively it’s lost revenue.. Poor commenting like this will keep paying people away. Lessons learned at LWN.
            Premium != safespace
            Premium = support Micheal

I - for one - love some contrast when i post in this forum! Keeps the pump going ❤ ;-)
            I would hate to have this place be turned into a boring politically correct hell hole.

Comment

You say "moderation" but what you actually want is censorship. You're not fooling anyone.

Comment

I don't really remember seeing much trolling or noise in lwn comments, maybe I missed something.

Comment

xorbe That’s my observation as well. I believe the correlation between a mature community and willingness to pay for content is pretty solid.
                  I can read Michael's content and forums for free just by setting up an account and also ad block. I pay and tip because I learn a lot from Phoronix, not because it meets some nebulous guide to moderation. He earns the pay by providing timely and worthwhile content, not by his ability to moderate forums.

Other than a few outliers, Phoronix forums is pretty well behaved overall.

I don't mind him asking for dough periodically because he provides a lot of value.

On a serious vein, if you seek a mature community to discuss Linux, I would form a local LUG and fork your moderation standards to it and see how well it works. That is not being snarky, that is the Linux way. If you don't like the spin, fork it and do it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                  X