A Christmas Gift For Phoronix Readers - Improving Graphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratbert View Post
    It would be nice if graph labels had hover or clickable tooltip for specs metadata, something like:

There is some mouseover information currently but that doesn't end up processing currently due to most browsers these days requiring SVGs served from a separate domain be nestled within an img tag rather than the object tag setup that was previously used where tooltips/mouseovers could be easily supported... But still exploring other options.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dnebdal View Post
      For the summary graphs, it would be interesting to see a plot sorted by the relative performance of the configuration being reviewed (or some arbitrarily selected one, if you're just comparing a field of candidates). Something like the current radar plots, but unfolded back into a (vertical) linear plot; with e.g. the worst result up top and the best at the bottom. On one hand, it would lose the thematic grouping of the tests, but on the other hand it would make it easier to see both how often one performs better than the other, and what sort of tests are in either end.
      Sounds mostly like the geometric mean graphs already in use?
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Sounds mostly like the geometric mean graphs already in use?
        Yes and no - those are summaries (one graph per config), while I was thinking of one bar per test (or to be exact, one point on the line per test).

However, the graph you used on the last page of the gcc/clang kernel comparison does something very similar (the "bar per test; sorted by absolute difference" one). I'm perfectly happy with that one as well; I'd just forgotten about it. I guess it's either fairly new or just doesn't show up very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What browser? Recently there were some Firefox mobile issues but all other issues should be addressed AFAIK.
          Ah, I just saw it has been fixed! Nice! (Was Firefox regular/preview.)

I just recognized: The "save", "preview", "delete" and "cancel" buttons have a bugged background/padding. And I can't type letters after a smilie here, all text has to be in front of that. Like this one:
          Last edited by Zyklon; 05 January 2020, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X