Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 3,600 Original Articles This Year On Linux/Open-Source, Let's Have A Holiday Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion to Michael: have a **small** "side pop up" that asks for funding.[1]
    Via either premium or pay what you want on Liberapay. This shouldn't be too intrusive but should push more people past the tipping point. And promoting "recurring pay what you want" via Liberapay should appeal to more people for which a premium subscription (35 USD/year) is too much. (depending on the country, the income and the number of things that someone already fund)

[1] dismissible for 6mo or a 1 year by "nope sorry" or "I already support Phoronix"

Comment

Oh and also, have a progress bar towards a funding goal, something simple that you could set monthly based on the sum of subscriptions, Liberapay, Paypal, etc
      And there could be goals like removing advertising past a certain point. You have a target demographic that should be receptive to this.

Comment

Originally posted by fguerraz View Post
        Just an opition here: I have paid in the past, but then I realised it was supporting your business model, which I do not agree with, mostly because I was paying for getting tracked (by you and advertiser because I would get logged out annoyingly often).
        I'll happily pay if you drop the ad-based business alltogether.
        Again, I'm not telling you what to do, just expressing preference. If you paywall this site, I'll move on, no hard feelings.
        What do you think of the previous proposal? That would allow to keep open access.

Comment

For me the ideal model these days is free access to content with no ads for everyone + a patreon.

Comment

$25 USD sent. Thanks Michael, for the large amount of daily content. It's the first site I check every evening, when I get home from work

Comment

Also renewed my one-year subscription. Thank you Michael for your ongoing work in the FOSS/Linux area!

Comment

I would really like to be a supporter - unfortunately I am not willing to use PayPal at all - would you consider something like paysafecard ???
                If so I would be glad to get a message and become a supporter ...

Comment

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the article says

PayPal the amount of money to [email protected] (or you can use this PayPal link)
                  but that link is to pay "[email protected]:". Which is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by letrout View Post
                    Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but the article says

but that link is to pay "[email protected]:". Which is correct?
                    They all point to the same account. Thanks to your support.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

They all point to the same account. Thanks to your support.
                      Thought so but wanted to check. Paid up, thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Working...
                      X