Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's That Time Of The Year For The Annual Phoronix Premium Sale To Show Your Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Do you plan to offer other payment options? I don't use paypal, and never will. I don't mind if you add the payment method cost on top of the subscription!

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by mlau View Post
      Do you plan to offer other payment options? I don't use paypal, and never will. I don't mind if you add the payment method cost on top of the subscription!
      I do Google payments and other forms (Amazon.com gift cards, etc) manually. Any particular method you like?
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Michael View Post

        I do Google payments and other forms (Amazon.com gift cards, etc) manually. Any particular method you like?
        Yeah google payments is fine for me! Send me a link please

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by mlau View Post

          Yeah google payments is fine for me! Send me a link please
          Not sure of a 'link', but you can Google pay [email protected] and then email me at phoronix or post here once you do so.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by Michael View Post

            Not sure of a 'link', but you can Google pay [email protected] and then email me at phoronix or post here once you do so.
            Tried to PM you, your mailbox is full

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by mlau View Post

              Tried to PM you, your mailbox is full
              michael at phoronix.com for emails. My forum inbox is actually empty but has issues with PMs.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by Michael View Post

                I do Google payments and other forms (Amazon.com gift cards, etc) manually. Any particular method you like?
                Bitcoin pls! Muh privacy. I don't want to dox myself by Paypal. :C

                Comment


                • #18
                  Hey Michael, I paid for premium several years ago but I don't think I used it more than once or twice the entire year because I was almost always reading on mobile (usually linked from Google News and your short RSS clips). Even when I was on my laptop/desktop I'd usually forget because there is no login link on the main page. I know Premium is linked to our forum usernames but a lot of people probably just want to support you and get access to single page articles and don't really care to post in the forums much if ever. Having a login link on the home page just makes sense.

                  Also speaking of ways to support you, you should definitely become a Brave registered publisher. Your audience probably already has a larger than average number of Brave users, and general use is growing too. It looks like there was a thread asking you about this a couple months ago but it got no response so I thought I'd bring it up again. It really is an extremely convenient way for people to support the sites they actually use proportionally and to seamlessly tip extra when the mood strikes them. Plus you'll be letting a lot of people who can't afford memberships support you continuously while still blocking ads/tracking etc.

                  https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by rswinkle View Post
                    Hey Michael, I paid for premium several years ago but I don't think I used it more than once or twice the entire year because I was almost always reading on mobile (usually linked from Google News and your short RSS clips). Even when I was on my laptop/desktop I'd usually forget because there is no login link on the main page. I know Premium is linked to our forum usernames but a lot of people probably just want to support you and get access to single page articles and don't really care to post in the forums much if ever. Having a login link on the home page just makes sense.
                    The forums and the main site are powered by two different software systems which is why there isn't a login page from the main site.

                    When last looking at BAT, it was only going to ever bring in some cents per month, unless Brave has really improved since then.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Michael View Post

                      The forums and the main site are powered by two different software systems which is why there isn't a login page from the main site.

                      When last looking at BAT, it was only going to ever bring in some cents per month, unless Brave has really improved since then.
                      Ah, I should have known there was a technical reason. Oh well.

                      Brave has definitely grown in usage (and matured as a browser and BAT ecosystem) tremendously in the last couple years:
                      https://brave.com/the-road-to-brave-one-dot-zero/
                      Says it's at 8.7 million monthly active users in that post, and it was only 8 million last month.
                      https://brave.com/brave-reaches-8-mi...-ad-campaigns/

                      Also there usage share on Android grew even faster earlier:
                      https://brave.com/2018-highlights/

                      Personally, I've been using it on Android for at least a year and a half and the desktop version for just under a year.

                      And for some short 1 time setup effort, even a 10-50 cents a month adds up when you have 10's of thousands (or more) of those right? Better than getting 0 from those people for sure. Just my 2 cents. Even Wikipedia is registered now.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X