Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Dominated Q3 In Wooing Over Linux / Open-Source Fans

Phoronix: AMD Dominated Q3 In Wooing Over Linux / Open-Source Fans

Here is our recap of the most popular content on Phoronix for Q3. This is also the first time any one vendor has nearly dominated the charts thanks to multiple successful product launches and growing embrace for Linux/open-source...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Well, it's hard to side with the big evil corporation when you're a linux fan.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
      Well, it's hard to side with the big evil corporation when you're a linux fan.
      The same way how it's hard to come to Linux because the majority of Windows people use NVIDIA.

Comment

Hmmmm... I think both AMD and Intel are both good and bad. Take your pick, darned if you choose one or the other. Good to see AMD doing well, might be a while before Intel bounces back with something. Either way I see no reason to upgrade to anything new unless it breaks, hoping my 2017 build holds up for me for some time to come.

Yes, AMD's open source stuff, I am digging it, but don't own any of their new stuff.
        Last edited by creative; 05 October 2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The same way how it's hard to come to Linux because the majority of Windows people use NVIDIA.
          Joke?

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

Joke?
            Nope? (unless you add Intel to the mix)

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Nope? (unless you add Intel to the mix)
              You cheeky devil.

I have had—plenty—of bad experience's with AMD. No large corporation is completely devoid of evil. Only had one intel build and honestly can't say the same and that's with all the meltdown/specter blah blah blah. AMD does it's fare share of cutting corners. If you notice more segmentation faults than you are used to?—AMD. After I switched to intel not had them. That is after having built a bazillion AMD rig iterations.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

You cheeky devil.

I have had—plenty—of bad experience's with AMD. No large corporation is completely devoid of evil. Only had one intel build and honestly can't say the same and that's with all the meltdown/specter blah blah blah. AMD does it's fare share of cutting corners. If you notice more segmentation faults than you are used to?—AMD. After I switched to intel not had them. That is after having built a bazillion AMD rig iterations.
                I am not a devil because I prefer AMD and not NVIDIA.

I agree that AMD has flaws but so does NVIDIA.

Comment

Working...
                X