Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Time For The Premium 2018 Winter Sale To Show Your Linux Benchmarking Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Time For The Premium 2018 Winter Sale To Show Your Linux Benchmarking Support

Phoronix: It's Time For The Premium 2018 Winter Sale To Show Your Linux Benchmarking Support

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, or happy benchmark season... Regardless of whatever holidays you celebrate or not, it's time for the 2018 Christmas/Winter sale if you wish to join Phoronix Premium to help us out as we approach the 15th birthday of Phoronix.com and see a strong year ahead for Linux hardware performance testing, open-source news coverage, and more. Premium gets you ad-free access to the site, multi-page featured articles on a single page, and other benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sod it, signed up

Comment

I'd sign up immediately if there was an option to pay with a credit card directly. Also having non-recurring options would show you trust the intelligence of subscribers to decide what to do when the subscription ends.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
        Sod it, signed up
        Thanks again!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
          I'd sign up immediately if there was an option to pay with a credit card directly. Also having non-recurring options would show you trust the intelligence of subscribers to decide what to do when the subscription ends.
          Unfortunately the costs and associated headaches involved with credit card processing directly are so burdensome.

Actually, all the 'sales' are inherently non-recurring as it's just a one time payment sent. Regarding the standard premium purchases, it's recurring due to how the vBulletin/PayPal integration is.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Dear Michael:

The amount of high-quality informative work which you do is outstanding. It is also entertaining--no mean feat for technical material. I have often felt guilty for consuming without paying, but am always thwarted by this one word: 'PayPal'. Same thing for a popular Linux distro, which was #1 for years. All those years, I--along with *many, many* others' entreaties to accept our contributions by some other means were met--by the 'owner' / 'lead developer' with reasons as to why this could not be done (I now notice that, since dropping out of 1st place, the owner has found another way to accept donations).

Tell me where to send a check; I'll do it. I DO, absolutely, turn off my ad-blocker when visiting your site. That right now, and under your constraints is the least, as well as the most, I can do.

Put bluntly, based on personal and bad direct experience, I will not have anything to do with PayPal. I know, as I'm certain you do also, that this is a sentiment shared by *very* many people. Could you, at least, give us the reason(s) as to why it's so hard to get another funds-transfer capability?...why it makes sense to a businessman to do business with only PayPal? You're a very good writer; you can do it (the owner of that used-to-be-#1-distro never seemed to be able to explain this adequately; the reasons he gave--after all the verbiage--never made any sense. And now...).

Tell me where to send my check.

Comment

Wanted to do this years ago , glad that I can finally contribute

Comment

Michael hey, just went premium too (via your paypal link). I think my predecessors said it well, I can only say - you are a beacon, marvelous job you are doing (your reporting is the reason I now own a vega card instead of (anything) else). Keep up the good work and happy holidays!

Comment

I’m annoyed by/afraid of Paypal too, to be honest. Maybe it would be possible to use Stripe? There doesn’t seem to be a vBulletin plugin though.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                    I’m annoyed by/afraid of Paypal too, to be honest. Maybe it would be possible to use Stripe? There doesn’t seem to be a vBulletin plugin though.
                    For the premium sales, it's all manual anyways... Not really familiar with Stripe but will look into it right now, thanks. For premium deals or when individual members contact me to use other payment methods, I try to support other mediums.
                    Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                    X