Site Theme is unbarable to look at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Theme is unbarable to look at

I know I cannot be the only one who is blinded by the default theme on this site. I'd love to view this site, but it feels like I'm looking at one of those shirts with the designs made to hurt your eyes to look at. So if you will not change the default theme, please add the option to select other css themes so I can at least view this site.

What specifically is "blinding" you? This is actually the first complaint about the color scheme that has been posted.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The white text on black background. Can't explain it really, but I've shown it to others on different computers and they agreed that its really difficult to look at. Maybe no ones complained, because like me they just never came back?

Comment

As far as the forum theme goes, this was the first negative comment, while the rest were positive (that we have seen). However, we will definitely take your thoughts into consideration to look for areas of improvement, while keeping the same color scheme.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The only thing I dont like are small fonts and the fonttype (hard to read..)

Comment

I don't see anything to complain about, really. Obviously you're used to the common black text on a white background. Fact is, that is several thousand times more blinding than in the other-way-around case due to the amount of light emited from the monitor. The contrast. on the other hand, is equally high in both cases. I think, however, that increasing the brightness of the near-black backgrounds with white text would make it look more aesthetically appealing.

Comment

Sorry I should have been more specific. I was talking about the Main Phoronix site, not the new forums. The forums look fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KohlyKohl
                Sorry I should have been more specific. I was talking about the Main Phoronix site, not the new forums. The forums look fine to me.
                In that case, I agree to some extent. A dark grey background would be preferable to a pitch black one for the white text.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the theme colors, but I'm pretty sure there's a plugin for vBulletin that allows users to switch between themes. I can look into it if you want, Michael.

Comment

It's not a plugin, it's built into vB from the getgo, it's just a matter of switching an option. And building another template of course, hehe.

Comment

Working...
                    X