Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Celebrate The 14th Birthday Of Phoronix Next Week

Phoronix: Help Celebrate The 14th Birthday Of Phoronix Next Week

Next week marks the 14th birthday of the founding of Phoronix.com as well as ten years since the initial stable release of the Phoronix Test Suite (v1.0) on 5 June. There is a lot of content queued up for the days ahead and more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can we get a high resolution version of that wallpaper?

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
      Can we get a high resolution version of that wallpaper?
      Unfortunately it was back during the days of 1024 x 768 CRTs and I don't think I have any higher resolution version than that :/
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

done! I've been leeching for long enough. premium subscription payment sent :-)
        (BTW I don't block ads, only flash & silverlight)

Comment

Originally posted by funkboy View Post
          done! I've been leeching for long enough. premium subscription payment sent :-)
          (BTW I don't block ads, only flash & silverlight)
          Thanks for your support!
          Michael Larabel

Comment

Michael, honestly, you should get rid of these lifetime subscriptions. After a few years you make losses...

Comment

Originally posted by Steffo View Post
              Michael, honestly, you should get rid of these lifetime subscriptions. After a few years you make losses...
              Not really losses per se, still come out ahead if the person is otherwise an ad-blocker.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

nah man - the life time sub is awesome - I managed to accidentally get one! (by not realising that I had 2 recurring subs going for years as well getting in on the specials action)
                Last edited by boxie; 01 June 2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I've always been an adblocker for privacy and better user experience reasons. But I don't mind renewing my subscription every year

Comment

At first I was thinking the same thing, but then I did the math - assuming a frequent visitor like myself contributes an average of $0.01 per day via ad revenue (which to my understanding, is a pretty high estimate), it would take roughly 30 years until a $100 subscription would become a financial loss, not accounting for inflation. A lot can change in 30 years, for better or for worse, so I think $100 is still must be a decent profit.

That being said, I just decided to go for the $100 subscription.
                    Last edited by schmidtbag; 01 June 2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X