No announcement yet.

Help Celebrate The 14th Birthday Of Phoronix Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a frequent reader, I went for the lifetime subscription as well :-) Thanks

Comment

Same here, lifetime sub was the easiest choice ever.
      Still have no problem donating now and then just because Phoronix is excellent and worth supporting.

Comment

Originally posted by dpanter View Post
        Same here, lifetime sub was the easiest choice ever.
        Still have no problem donating now and then just because Phoronix is excellent and worth supporting.
        Thanks!
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Keep up the awesome work, Michael! I've renewed my subscription too.

Comment

Originally posted by cde1 View Post
            Keep up the awesome work, Michael! I've renewed my subscription too.
            Cheers!
            Michael Larabel

Comment

I became a lifetime subscriber a year or two ago, and honestly I should have done it sooner. The site and test-suite are one of the pillars of the linux/bsd ecosystem. Every time I search on duckduckgo for some metric or non-vanilla configuration, this site pops up in the first results. It often is the only source of metrics.

I'm excited that the test suite is expanding into Windows territory, but that means that this site is about to get huge and overflowing with Windows users. I hope it won't reorient this site to become 80%+ Windows content, because that's probably where the traffic is going to be coming from in a couple of years.

Since I'm already a lifetime subscriber, I can't find myself willing to "tip". This venture isn't a charity after all. But if shirts, hoodies or mugs were available for sale, I might pick one up yearly. I know it's not exactly "cool" to sell merchandise, but I'd like to wear a phoronix shirt once in a while. I understand if that's not an orientation you want to go towards, but please consider it. After all, even boeing and IBM sell tshirts.

Also, if you're going to do some disk benchmarks, I'd like to see NILFS2 included.

Keep up the great work and happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
                I became a lifetime subscriber a year or two ago, and honestly I should have done it sooner. The site and test-suite are one of the pillars of the linux/bsd ecosystem. Every time I search on duckduckgo for some metric or non-vanilla configuration, this site pops up in the first results. It often is the only source of metrics.

I'm excited that the test suite is expanding into Windows territory, but that means that this site is about to get huge and overflowing with Windows users. I hope it won't reorient this site to become 80%+ Windows content, because that's probably where the traffic is going to be coming from in a couple of years.

Since I'm already a lifetime subscriber, I can't find myself willing to "tip". This venture isn't a charity after all. But if shirts, hoodies or mugs were available for sale, I might pick one up yearly. I know it's not exactly "cool" to sell merchandise, but I'd like to wear a phoronix shirt once in a while. I understand if that's not an orientation you want to go towards, but please consider it. After all, even boeing and IBM sell tshirts.

Also, if you're going to do some disk benchmarks, I'd like to see NILFS2 included.

Keep up the great work and happy birthday!
                No plans to increase the Windows content in any significant way....

From Amazon Apparel there were Phoronix t-shirts available, but didn't sell much to make it worthwhile.
                Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                X