Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, We Like Bitcoin & Other Crypto Currencies

Phoronix: Yes, We Like Bitcoin & Other Crypto Currencies

In recent days there have been a number of inquiries about paying for Phoronix Premium or providing tips using Bitcoin or other crypto-currencies. Yes, we happily accept it to help support our continued Linux hardware benchmarking, driver analysis, news coverage, and benchmark development...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's actually a pretty good idea - these tips could go toward buying hardware for testing, seeing as they can't really be used for anything else anyway. Besides, it seems Michael has to dip into his own pockets often enough for reviews anyway.

Comment

I wish to pay you in BSCoin, I just made it up and own all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        I wish to pay you in BSCoin, I just made it up and own all of it.
        Only if it's backed by actual BS.

Comment

i've heard cost of transaction was $40 some time ago

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            i've heard cost of transaction was $40 some time ago
            Seems to have dropped recently when checking after some recent readers asking.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              That's actually a pretty good idea - these tips could go toward buying hardware for testing, seeing as they can't really be used for anything else anyway. Besides, it seems Michael has to dip into his own pockets often enough for reviews anyway.
              Actually through Coinbase and such can convert it into USD. Unfortunately the margins are too tight recently and ad rates tanking this month (looks like it might be GDPR related...) that unfortunately no plans to buy any new hardware for review anytime too soon.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Bitcoin mining fees used to be crazy, but seem to have dropped to reasonable numbers again.

Right now, it's approximately:
                BTC: 0.00015 ~ 1.26 USD
                BCH: 0.0002 ~ 0.28 USD
                ETH: 0.0012 ~ 0.85 USD
                LTH: 0.00075 ~ 0.10 USD

Comment

in my country you have to state your bitcoin assets on taxes now.

Comment

Why you don't use XMR? Just implement a webpage with a XMR mining.

Comment

Working...
                    X