No announcement yet.

Yes, We Like Bitcoin & Other Crypto Currencies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in my country you have to state your bitcoin assets on taxes now.

Comment

Why you don't use XMR? Just implement a webpage with a XMR mining.

Comment

I'm already using Patreon, and would happily add Phoronix there if it were available.

Comment

I recommend putting a good portion of your wealth on bitcoin.

There are good chances we'll see bitcoin at 1M per BTC by the end of 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLzRUFXSQdc

Comment

It you accept Stellar Lumens (XLM), I'll buy a lifetime membership to support the site.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
              I recommend putting a good portion of your wealth on bitcoin.

There are good chances we'll see bitcoin at 1M per BTC by the end of 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLzRUFXSQdc
              1M. Are you joking ? Do people these days prefer the Nokia 3210[1], one of the most successful phones in history launched in 1999, or iPhones and Androids ?

Bitcoin is the Nokia 3210 of distributed ledger technology. It is obsolete. The iPhone and Androids of the blockchain world will replace it completely, then it will crash in value to almost nothing.

If your serious about cryptocurrency investment check out any of the other top 10 coins on coin market cap, including Stellar Lumens (XLM) or EOS.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3210

Comment

Originally posted by superstructor View Post

1M. Are you joking ? Do people these days prefer the Nokia 3210[1], one of the most successful phones in history launched in 1999, or iPhones and Androids ?

Bitcoin is the Nokia 3210 of distributed ledger technology. It is obsolete. The iPhone and Androids of the blockchain world will replace it completely, then it will crash in value to almost nothing.

If your serious about cryptocurrency investment check out any of the other top 10 coins on coin market cap, including Stellar Lumens (XLM) or EOS.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_3210
                Nonsense, that's not how things work. Being older doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or obsolete, in the case of bitcoin, it's a sign of strength/survival. None of the other altcoins have survived attacks like bitcoin did[1], altcoins are still to be proven/tested.

Bitcoin sets the standard and there's a reason for that: none of the altcoins have the integrity of bitcoin, they are not as decentralized/immutable as bitcoin is, and don't forget that bitcoin is evolving with things like schnorr signatures, segwit, lightning network, MAST, etc.

[1] https://twitter.com/pierre_rochard/s...85351775875073
                Last edited by ihatemichael; 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
                  bcash is a scam, don't use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCOjCEth6xI

Bitcoin (BTC) is the real Bitcoin.
                  Your inexistent argument is the scam. "Bitcoin" is not a registered trademark, sorry. And bcash is not a cryptocurrency, is other thing: http://bcash.gr/

Originally posted by Brisse View Post
                  Bitcoin mining fees used to be crazy, but seem to have dropped to reasonable numbers again.

Right now, it's approximately:
                  BTC: 0.00015 ~ 1.26 USD
                  BCH: 0.0002 ~ 0.28 USD
                  ETH: 0.0012 ~ 0.85 USD
                  LTH: 0.00075 ~ 0.10 USD
                  ¿0,28 USD? That's too much. You are using a bad wallet. Paying 1 satoshi ( 0,00000001 BCH) per byte is enough, wich make an usual transaction cost about 0,01USD. There is no saturation, and the intention is to not having it never so fees are always low.

Comment

Originally posted by malkavian View Post

Your inexistent argument is the scam. "Bitcoin" is not a registered trademark, sorry. And bcash is not a cryptocurrency, is other thing: http://bcash.gr/

¿0,28 USD? That's too much. You are using a bad wallet. Paying 1 satoshi ( 0,00000001 BCH) per byte is enough, wich make an usual transaction cost about 0,01USD. There is no saturation, and the intention is to not having it never so fees are always low.
                    bcash (BCH) will never be bitcoin, there is only one bitcoin.

Stop trying to scam new users.

Comment

I don't think that "ihatemichael" guy knows what he's talking about. I've seen loads of people parroting phrases like "bcash lol" on various places online related to crypto currency. Anywhere where BCH is mentioned they tend to show up and commence making school-yard level remarks about it. It comes across to me as incredibly foolish.

I think these people don't like the fact that Bitcoin Cash is successfully continuing the Bitcoin experiment to produce a world-wide, p2p, electronic cash system. The BTC side of the chain has been taken over by a cult-like force which has re-purposed the chain beyond recognition. BTC is not Bitcoin; not even close. It's not adhering to the design and goals of Bitcoin which is: a p2p, electronic cash system which is cheap, fast, permissionless and reliable. The Bitcoin Core project is attempting to turn the BTC chain into a "store of value" and a "settlement layer" for a currently non-existent (in a usable form) 2nd layer cash system.

I have keenly studied Satoshi's design for Bitcoin and I think it has a good chance at succeeding. Bitcoin Cash is closely following the original design and goals for Bitcoin. It is most definitely not a scam. There are lots of innovative projects and people working in the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem and on the Bitcoin Cash software.

I have keenly studied the Bitcoin Core designs for BTC from both an economics and technical standpoint. I have concluded that it is very unlikely that it will succeed in producing a cash system that is permissionless, cheap and reliable for billions of people to use. The Bitcoin Core team are not practical at all. Despite being warned by many prominent developers within the Bitcoin community of the impending congestion, they failed to produce a modest capacity increase: this resulted in BTC transaction fees reaching, typically, over 20 euros last December. This has been an absolute disaster for adoption. What sane business is going to start work integrating BTC with their business when the system is already running at near maximum capacity and the cost of using the system is unpredictable and at times very expensive (relative to competing crypto currencies and relative to existing payment networks like Swift, Visa and Paypal).

The lightning network is the proposed 2nd layer system that Bitcoin Core want to sit ontop of BTC to provide cash-like functionality (similar to what Bitcoin Cash already has). However the lightning network is currently an incredibly complicated, bug ridden toy project that is absolutely unusable for the average person. It has very low adoption and has almost insurmountable technical problems which are yet to be solved (most notably: the routing problem).

There will be a market correction at some point. The value of BTC is based on two things: the false belief that it is Bitcoin and the false belief that the scaling plans proposed by the Bitcoin Core team will yield a competitive, practical, permissionless, cheap cash system.

Thanks for correcting him. I don't know who made that chart but it's very misleading. I don't think there has ever been a point where it cost over 1 cent to produce a typical transaction on the BCH chain which would be confirmed within 1 or 2 blocks. I expect the chart is the product of one of these "bcash lol" types.

Comment

Working...
                      X