Linux 4.16, Ubuntu 18.04 & Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Have Been Definitely Exciting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 4.16, Ubuntu 18.04 & Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Have Been Definitely Exciting

Phoronix: Linux 4.16, Ubuntu 18.04 & Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Have Been Definitely Exciting

This month on Phoronix has been more than 320 original news stories and 22 featured Linux hardware reviews. Here's a look at what has been exciting readers the most this month, which includes the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ launch, Linux 4.16 maturing and Linux 4.17 being around the corner, Windows vs. Linux benchmarks, and much more...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I saw "Linux 4.16" and "Ubuntu 18.04" in the title, and got my hopes up that Canonical had decided to accept my suggestion to ship Ubuntu 18.04 with Linux kernel 4.16. Disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post
      I saw "Linux 4.16" and "Ubuntu 18.04" in the title, and got my hopes up that Canonical had decided to accept my suggestion to ship Ubuntu 18.04 with Linux kernel 4.16. Disappointed.
      Why do you care? It's a noob distro.

Comment

Wake me up once raspberry actually fulfills their mission of providing educational hardware instead of the proprietary shit they push until now.

Comment

Linux 4.16, Ubuntu 18.04 & Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Have Been Definitely Exciting
          Definitely, comments are not as exciting as titles are

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
            Wake me up once raspberry actually fulfills their mission of providing educational hardware instead of the proprietary shit they push until now.
            They're about the least proprietary SBC out there. What else do you expect?

Comment

The Raspberry Pi 3B+ is a beautiful thing. It's rare for a company--especially a tech company--to spend an entire development cycle refining an existing product. Usually we get stuck with an all new product and an all new set of bugs, and several months of try to find solutions. I hope they continue this practice with future products.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post

They're about the least proprietary SBC out there. What else do you expect?
                Some other boards run without any firmware blobs (i.e. U-Boot instead of the proprietary videocore OS code - remember that videocore is the main processor and the quad core ARM is just extra). So that's not exactly true.

Comment

Working...
                X