Trying Out Google's Machine Learning Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    I never click on ads, I mean if they offered 3d printer filaments and other related stuff I'd be interested, but their trying to sell me a car, insurance or something all the time! or lately the military recruitment nonsense.

ALSO be aware there are many JAVA script malicious ads coming out of the woodworks now that inject mining code etc... very nasty.
    Pretty much all the ads on Phoronix are pay-for-impression: paid simply if they load/visible to the user.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The new ads are annoying. They appear in every corner of the website. They often take most of the screen on my android phone and corrupt page layout and coloring.

screenshot: https://m.imgur.com/a/Cyowd

Comment

Originally posted by Manu080797 View Post
        The new ads are annoying. They appear in every corner of the website. They often take most of the screen on my android phone and corrupt page layout and coloring.

screenshot: https://m.imgur.com/a/Cyowd
        What Android device and version are you running? Haven't seen any rendering that bad yet.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The forum is kinda messed up. Chrome/W10

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
            Hmm. Weird.

I'm getting an ad suggesting that I should support all attempts made to replace people with AI in high up government positions.

Hmm.... I thought they already have cause when I call it's a machine. I think society will have problems with driver-less cars. A lot of people like taxi drivers and transport trucks will be out of jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post

Hmm.... I thought they already have cause when I call it's a machine. I think society will have problems with driver-less cars. A lot of people like taxi drivers and transport trucks will be out of jobs.
              That's an understatement.

CGPGrey did an excellent video on how much we underestimate the potential strife on the horizon.

Comment

Hmm. Weird.

I'm getting an ad suggesting that I should support all attempts made to replace people with AI in high up government positions.

While that would be dangerous (as in "skynet" dangerous), as far as raw thinking performance is concerned a closet full of old Pentium III junk could outperform current governmental "leaders."

Comment

Did you need convincing to support that? I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PackRat View Post
                    I think society will have problems with driver-less cars. A lot of people like taxi drivers and transport trucks will be out of jobs.
                    That's debatable, trains could have been automated like 2 decades ago but they were not mostly due to legal reasons (you need to held someone responsible that is not the train manufacturer), the same would apply here.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      That's debatable, trains could have been automated like 2 decades ago but they were not mostly due to legal reasons (you need to held someone responsible that is not the train manufacturer), the same would apply here.
                      You know, that is an excellent point, Suddenly more things make sense to me. Speaking of human accountability, I wonder what the bureaucracy is going to look like for self driving cars and trucks? Especially commercial trucking... Oh boy, it's coming real soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X