Phoromatic 'Communication with server failed' with proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoromatic 'Communication with server failed' with proxy

First of all, I'm still running 7.2 on these systems because I can't wget the latest version for some reason. Anyway, I've set up a Phoromatic server on a system with a proxy, and it appears to be fine. I've connected 2 ubuntu systems as well. After connecting, they can connect and idle as normal. However, when I try to run a test schedule on them through the Phoromatic web interface, they say [PROBLEM] Communication with server failed. Now they cannot connect to the Phoromatic server at all, it says that every time. The clients can install and run tests locally just fine; I've done all the phoronix network-setup stuff. I assume this issue has something to do with the proxy, but how, and is there a way to fix it or at least identify what the problem is? Thanks.

Hi aurnes, yes this is a problem when the client is unable to communicate with the Phoromatic Server. If you open a browser (or ping/wget) from the client system to the host's address, is it successful? There are the proxy options in /etc/phoronix-test-suite/xml / ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml, but hard to debug with the limited information available...

Or is it that you want to use the proxy to access the Internet for obtaining files but don't want (can't support) accessing the Phoromatic Server through the proxy?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hi Michael. The client server can connect to the host with ping and wget. It also successfully connected to the Phoromatic server with phoromatic.connect [IP]/[UID]. Then, it connected with phoromatic.connect and waited for task. But when I run a test schedule on it from the Phoromatic web interface, it starts having the communication problems. After that, it never connects again. I've tried restarting the host server, restarting the client server, and disabling and re-enabling the client on the web interface. All of this is the same on both client servers I've tried.

I have run phoronix network-setup on all systems to download tests. Before that, the phoronix-test-suite script takes forever to run, because it can't connect to openbenchmarking.org.

Comment

Originally posted by aurnes View Post
        Hi Michael. The client server can connect to the host with ping and wget. It also successfully connected to the Phoromatic server with phoromatic.connect [IP]/[UID]. Then, it connected with phoromatic.connect and waited for task. But when I run a test schedule on it from the Phoromatic web interface, it starts having the communication problems. After that, it never connects again. I've tried restarting the host server, restarting the client server, and disabling and re-enabling the client on the web interface. All of this is the same on both client servers I've tried.

I have run phoronix network-setup on all systems to download tests. Before that, the phoronix-test-suite script takes forever to run, because it can't connect to openbenchmarking.org.
        Hmm, really quite strange - I haven't run into an issue where the Phoromatic clients connect fine to the server up until it's time to execute a test. Can you send the log of the /var/log/phoronix-test-suite.log from the client to [email protected]? I guess that would be the easiest way to look at the log for trying to fully understand what's happening.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hey Michael. Just wanted to let you know that I resolved the issue. First, I ran a different server as the Phoromatic host, one that returned favorable network-info stats. Now it works fine. Client systems still report Communication Error, but only when attempting to run pts/aio-stress. Anyway, it's all good now, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X