Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you pass arguments to a helper application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you pass arguments to a helper application?

I've been developing a test profile for the IOR file system benchmark utility. This test is commonly used to test a target file system from a number of other servers within a cluster. To do this IOR generally depends on the use of a helper application called mpirun (part of OpenMPI) in order to spinoff the required number of concurrent instances of IOR within the cluster.

For example: mpirun -n32 ./IOR -w -r -e -m -F -b 8g -t 1M -o ./test-file
    Would spin off 32 concurrent instances of IOR

What I'd like to do is pass the parameter -n32 (or -n16 or -n1) to mpirun and other user defined switches to IOR.

Is there anything like this in other PTS tests that I could copy from or is this outside of the current functionality of PTS?

Thanks!

Originally posted by rapier1 View Post
    I've been developing a test profile for the IOR file system benchmark utility. This test is commonly used to test a target file system from a number of other servers within a cluster. To do this IOR generally depends on the use of a helper application called mpirun (part of OpenMPI) in order to spinoff the required number of concurrent instances of IOR within the cluster.

For example: mpirun -n32 ./IOR -w -r -e -m -F -b 8g -t 1M -o ./test-file
    Would spin off 32 concurrent instances of IOR

What I'd like to do is pass the parameter -n32 (or -n16 or -n1) to mpirun and other user defined switches to IOR.

Is there anything like this in other PTS tests that I could copy from or is this outside of the current functionality of PTS?

Thanks!
    Since passing of the arguments from the test profile to the test script is always in the same order, why not do like:

mpirun $1 ./IOR $2 $3 $4

or the like? At least from how it sounds based on your description, it should be that easy to handle within the test script, or am I missing something?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That's the hint I was looking for. I've been passing arguments using $@ and didn't think of breaking it down.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X